IGNORED

Nolan N43 Face Shield Upgrade

Albert

I recently bought my wife a new N43E helmet which is essentially the same as my slightly older N43. The big difference is the new version has 4 detent positions where the face shield will stop whereas mine is either open or closed. The 2 mechanisms "appear" to be the same (except for the detents). I remember Paul posting a modification he came up with to add detents but I'm wondering if anyone knows if the new pivot parts can be installed into the older helmet. Anyone try this? I've got an email in to Nolan to see if it's doable. The additional positions are really handy. I'll post what I come up with.

Just an fyi for any N43 Trilogy users. I contacted Nolan about upgrading to the new pivots and good news (reply below). The only problem is I can't find that part number on their web site. I'm still working on it.

"Thank you for contacting us at CIMA International. Yes you can replace the older N-43 Pivots with the newer style 01-43ET-pts-020L and 020R they are $8.95 each plus S&H"

Please keep us posted. I'd like to be able to install the new pivots on my European version of the helmet.

Hi Ed,

I phoned them yesterday and they indicated their web site was a work in progress and the new pivots weren't showing up yet. They indicated the new ones would work fine in my older N43 and I ordered a set (8.95 + SH). I'll post when they arrive to confirm they work ok.

Received the new pivots and they work as advertised. My N43 Trilogy now has multiple detents for the face shield like the newer N43E. Easy swap.

Received the new pivots and they work as advertised. My N43 Trilogy now has multiple detents for the face shield like the newer N43E. Easy swap.

Thanks for the update. I'll get a set ordered tomorrow.

Archived