IGNORED

2009 T: Crud Catcher or Fender Extender?

moshe_levy

Neither. I;ve never seen that "crud catcher" before, and I'm going to try to erase that thing from my memory before permanent scarring occurs.

The best one on the market is MachinartMoto's Avant model. See http://www.machineartmoto.com/avant%20RT.html (that's MY bike, by the way - which served as the prototype model).

See my review here http://www.mklsportster.com/Articles/mcnavantfender.pdf

-MKL

I put the fender extender on my 2009 RT shortly after purchasing the bike in 2009 and I've been very satisfied with it.

moshe_levy

Kakugo-

Oh, that's odd. I didn't look at that link, because a "Fenda Extenda" is the Pyramid brand product I review in my link, while MAM's is called "Avant," so I just ASSumed it was the Pyramid you linked to. By all means, the MAM product is excellent. I still have it on my bike now - love it.

-MKL

Guest Kakugo

Sorry for the previous answer but I was in a bit of a hurry this morning (first leisure ride in two weeks :grin:).

I typed a generic "Fender Extender" because I am lazy so I couldn't be bothered to add all relevant information... :P

Since I am already very satisfied with the MachineArt head guard I fitted seems like the Avant is the way to go. :thumbsup:

PS: is your bike in this picture on the MachineArt website?

moshe_levy

Yes, that is my bike. The MAMO factory is within an hour of my house. I rode out there to meet them when they had a prototype RT Avant and they used my bike for fitment. I had the first Avant which I used for the comparison I linked to above for Motorcycle Consumer News.

-MKL

What ever you do get something to extend the fender (not the crud catcher). I have used the Pyramid Products Fenda Extenda for a couple of seasons. The only time it did NOT surpass expectations was a freshly oiled road going over the Lolo pass prior to paving. Since the Avant is the same length I doubt it would have been much better. I have not noticed crud slinging by the sides of my F.E. so am not sure the wider Avant would be much better. I suppose it couldn't hurt but at twice the price? So far, I have been very pleased with the F.E. to say the least. It works!

Archived