IGNORED

Schuberth C3 vs C3 Pro Experience?

lkraus

I'd like to hear from anyone who has used BOTH the C3 and C3 Pro Schuberth helmets. From what I've been able to find (mostly on Revzilla), the Pro is claimed to be somewhat quieter, flow slightly more air, provide greater chinstrap to Adams apple clearance and is prewired for their SRC. My question: Do you feel the C3 Pro is noticeably improved over the older C3?

My old C2 has been great but is somewhat overdue for replacement - 7 yrs old, some scratches, lining is disintegrating. Schuberth is currently offering a 20% price reduction on the C3 (until May 31). I originally had planned to buy a C3 Pro($769) later this year, but a C3 at $499 is looking pretty attractive. I'm using a Sena SMH10 so the SRC features are of no interest to me. I'm just wondering if there is any overriding improvement in the Pro to justify the extra expense.

99Roadster

Larry,

I just received a C3 Pro a few weeks ago and have worn it for only a few hundred miles. The previous C3 was a 5 year old European model.

Impressions so far are that it is quieter and seems more aerodynamic. What Schuberth refers to as the anti-noise pad, the removable pad in the chin section, in place it's very quiet. But even removed it's quieter than the C3. With the wind gusts of the past few weeks there is much less buffeting than with the C3.

In regard to the chin strap, it does not seem much different maybe a bit closer to the Adams apple at least to me. But it's not been a concern with either model.

From what I can determine so far in the cooler temperatures it will probably not flow any more air than the C3 may be less so since it's so quiet - Summer riding will tell the tale on this one.

An improvement that is apparent is the visor is now stable and tight at speed and no longer rattles which caused the C3 to slam shut.

Overall an improvement over the C3 but as with anything it's difficult to discern the cost especially, with something so pricey to begin with.

I would try one on or even find where the demo truck is to take one on a test ride.

• 1 year later...
Doug_Baliko
Larry,

I just received a C3 Pro a few weeks ago and have worn it for only a few hundred miles. The previous C3 was a 5 year old European model.

Impressions so far are that it is quieter and seems more aerodynamic. What Schuberth refers to as the anti-noise pad, the removable pad in the chin section, in place it's very quiet. But even removed it's quieter than the C3. With the wind gusts of the past few weeks there is much less buffeting than with the C3.

In regard to the chin strap, it does not seem much different maybe a bit closer to the Adams apple at least to me. But it's not been a concern with either model.

From what I can determine so far in the cooler temperatures it will probably not flow any more air than the C3 may be less so since it's so quiet - Summer riding will tell the tale on this one.

An improvement that is apparent is the visor is now stable and tight at speed and no longer rattles which caused the C3 to slam shut.

Overall an improvement over the C3 but as with anything it's difficult to discern the cost especially, with something so pricey to begin with.

I would try one on or even find where the demo truck is to take one on a test ride.

In your opinion is there any difference in the fit between the c3 and the pro? I'm more interested in whether it fits the same head shape as the c3?

Doug

I ordered a C3 Pro (Classic graphics) from RevZilla Friday night, having watched their videos and read user reviews. I tried on an XL at a BMW dealer a few weeks ago but not long enough to determine whether fit works for my somewhat long oval noggin. My current helmets are an older Schuberth S1 in XXL which should be too large/loose but is not (too tight at forehead on longer riders) and HJC Symax2 in XL which feels OK. Even so, I wanted newer and better design/quality than the HJC. I figured RevZilla's $7.45 prepaid return shipping fee was reasonable cost to achieve sufficient off-motorcycle evaluation time.

Another good feature of the Pro is greater clearance for eye glasses...my C3 is starting to show some wear and after trying the Pro on I'd definitely say its worth the extra 20% IMO. It's my understanding that Schuberth doesn't permit retailers to discount current models but one dealer did offer me a "trade-in" value of $100 for my old lid....your dealer may offer as well.

Doug_Baliko

I currently have a C3 in XL that is 5 years old. I bought it from FC Moto in Germany before Shuberth started selling again in the U.S. It fits me perfectly and is by far the best helmet that I have ever owned. So I'm debating on buying another C3 before they all disappear, or go with the Pro?

Doug

Doug_Baliko

Effjay,

I was in Payson on Thursday night. It was an overnight stop on a ride my buddy and I just finished. Nice town!

Doug

I was in Payson on Thursday night. It was an overnight stop on a ride my buddy and I just finished. Nice town!

Thanks!

Without meaning to sound like a chamber of commerce spiel, Payson and Rim Country is indeed a "pretty cool place". Living in mild 4-season climate among Tonto NF's Ponderosa Pines gives plenty of opportunities for recreation playtime, although being retired definitely helps! Aside from moto riding, my other long-time passion is 4WD exploration. We are surrounded by trails of all types of scenery and difficulty suitable for year-round fun, which our jeep club does every week!

I've had two C3's and I'm currently in a C3Pro. The liner of the Pro has the S2 liner configuration at the forehead -- no more pressure point at the center of your forehead.

The C3's sunshield comes down farther -- the Pro's is just barely acceptable to me. Other than that one foible, I prefer the Pro.

The pressure point in the C3 was a "hump" about the diameter of a big quarter at the front edge of the intake vent of the foam lining.

I removed this hump on maybe 10-12 helmets when I worked at the BMW dealership using an X-Acto knife then covered up the "wound" with a circle of velcro (the soft half)

At one of our open houses where the Schuberth Rep was there, I showed him the hump as I removed one for a waiting customer.

He had several customers with the pressure point and as yet, no fix.

The Pro has no hump as mentioned but the biggest improvemnt in my opinion is the relocation of the fastening points of the straps to reduce the contact with ones throat.

but the biggest improvemnt in my opinion is the relocation of the fastening points of the straps to reduce the contact with ones throat.

Agreed -- although if one is a bit, um, "fleshy" there, the strap is still capable of making its presence known.

PLANO BMW Dealership ("BMW Motorcycles of North Dallas") also has them in stock; you can try one on there as well.

I did, & like you currently wear a Schuberth C3 that fits perfectly but is due to be replaced.

I tried on the same (XL) size in the C3Pro & the forehead pressure was extreme to the point of way too uncomfortable, especially as compared to the C3. I called Revzilla & discussed w/one of their reps & the opinion rendered was the C3 & C3Pro are completely different fits. YMMV.

All that being said, there are enough noticeable improvements (really nice helmet!)I'm going to keep trying to make the C3Pro work. I think the two interiors are interchangeable; maybe that will do the trick.

Archived