IGNORED

Windburn...

Shaman97

Have a modular helmet with built-in sun visor, so I ride with the clear face shield in the UP position. In the Sac Valley area, this is a real godsend in warmer months, allowing the air to stream across my face. I use sunscreen to lessen the effects of the sun, but often am witnessing the effects of windburn after a day in the saddle.

Anyone have success with a product that reduces/eliminates the effects of windburn? Closing the face shield isn't really an option.

Guest Kakugo

Get a Dryarn balaclava from Spark .

I have a close friend who rides exactly like you (modular helmet in open position) and he cannot praise it highly enough. Dryarn is light enough to let air through but thick enough to protect you from sun and wind scorch.

As an enthusiastic user I cannot praise this fabric highly enough.

Matts_12GS
Have a modular helmet with built-in sun visor, so I ride with the clear face shield in the UP position. In the Sac Valley area, this is a real godsend in warmer months, allowing the air to stream across my face. I use sunscreen to lessen the effects of the sun, but often am witnessing the effects of windburn after a day in the saddle.

Anyone have success with a product that reduces/eliminates the effects of windburn? Closing the face shield isn't really an option.

tinted shield with better vented helmet to be safest. I used to ride like that here in FL, but honestly have learned to deal with it, wear a good wicking head covering and let close the shield.

Archived