IGNORED

Tire Deal

Daddoz777

Hope I'm not violating some rule but I saw a great deal on Dunlop Roadsmart tires over at Motorcycle Superstore and wanted to share:

120/60ZR-17 - - $89.99

120/70ZR-17 - - $89.99

120/70ZR-18 - - $89.99

150/70ZR-17 - - $154.99

160/60ZR-17 - - $99.99

170/60ZR-17 - - $99.99

190/50ZR-17 - - $99.99

160/60ZR-18 - - $99.99

170/60ZR-18 - - $99.99

I think I'm going to order some tires to be delivered to Tutwiler. There's just not enough time to get 'er done before I go and I'm too busy, anyway.

I'll try to figure out a way to prop the bike up with both wheels removed, mount the tires myself, then take them up to Memphis to get 'em balanced.

You don't have Marc Parnes balancer, do you? Mine's in Senegal.

The house I made an offer on got pulled off the market. I don't know why. Think I hurt their feelings?

Not a whole lot of other decent properties for sale. The prices are excellent but there just aren't that many places.

I do not have the Parnes but something very similar. Also, I came across a really cool way to mount tires. Take several heavy zip ties and tighten them down around your tire until the beads from both sides are touching. You can then practically push the tire onto the rim by hand. I've tried this and couldn't believe how much easier it makes mounting.

Also, I came across a really cool way to mount tires. Take several heavy zip ties and tighten them down around your tire until the beads from both sides are touching. You can then practically push the tire onto the rim by hand. I've tried this and couldn't believe how much easier it makes mounting.

That sounds interesting. Any more details? Pictures? Thanks.

Sorry, no pics. You just cinch down the zip ties little by little until you squeeze that tire into submission. Of course it helps a lot to have a changing stand to hold the wheel firm when doing your tires. I didn't want to go into too much detail because I think sometimes we tend to make things more complicated than they need to be.

Uh oh. I think I just realized I hijacked my own thread.

Archived