IGNORED

Credit where it's due.

Polo

Bike turned 42K, so time for a new fuel filter, and all 42K related stuff.

I placed an order at Beemer Bone Yard beemerboneyard.com good prices, but shipping always hurts.

I got notification this morning that a part I've been waiting for almost a year, has finally showed up, I placed the order immediately Ouch! shipping again.

Later on, I get an email from Jim saying he had been able to save me $6 on shipping. I noticed it was for the first order, so I replied thanking him, and asked about the second one. 15 minutes later a second email from him saying, he combined the orders and was able to save me an additional $9. $15 total savings!

I don't mind paying for the stuff I'll install on my bike, but shipping is a dead expense, so I appreciate this effort.

I know Beemer Bone Yard is used widely by folks here, so this just goes to show that we're right doing so.

No interest or affiliation.

Clearly everything you buy locally was probably shipped to your town and has shipping costs included in its retail price.

Of course, those items were probably shipped as part of larger orders, where shipping costs are relatively speaking lower.

Shipping costs are an everyday part of life and really fairly silly to complain about.

Shipping costs are an everyday part of life and really fairly silly to complain about.

Silly?

If I buy something for $40, and shipping is $15, yet it can be reduced to $4, clearly something is amiss.

I wish you many happy S&H charges. They seem to rock your world.

I thought fuel filter was a 24k item?

So 48k would be next time.

Yes, but I didn't buy it new, and it runs as if fuel starved sometimes. I've decided to do a full tune up so I know for a fact what's up.

Silly?

If I buy something for $40, and shipping is $15, yet it can be reduced to $4, clearly something is amiss.

One of the reasons I usually refuse to deal with Aerostitch...

Related shipping story.

Wanted to order some items from Duluth Trading Company. Shipping was 33% of merchandise total. I called and talked to a very pleasant customer service employee. Said a lot of people complained about high shipping charges.

Wrote the company. They said they priced so competitively that they couldn't reduce shipping charges. I said "Never mind" and didn't order. Less than a week later (Christmas time) they had a big "Free Shipping" on all orders.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Had to charge because prices low then viola, free shipping.

Something isn't ringing true.

Later on, I get an email from Jim saying he had been able to save me $6 on shipping.

Similar experience here. I ordered some small used parts with shipping to Canada. The estimate of the shipping amount was high ~$20. Because of the small size, they were able to ship it for less and also refunded me the difference.

I have never seen this done by an online dealer before and it shows that not only are they fair but they are meticulous in how the review and process their orders.

Thumbs up eh?

Lone_RT_rider

Silly?

One of the reasons I usually refuse to deal with Aerostitch...

But they have such cool stuff!

cali_beemer

Just ordered a bunch of stuff for my 1200RT, they did the same on saving for shipping. I was shocked! Definate care for the customer to do that, and to send an email explaining. I have been buying from them for years and they are always top notch.

Archived