IGNORED

Riding Pants

Albert

I'm considering purchasing yet another pair of riding pants. To date, I haven't found what I'm looking for. I'd like a pair of dedicated pants (not over pants). I'd like something that works good in warm weather via some vents, is water proof or resistant and doesn't make me look like Omar the tent maker was my tailor (note, I'm NOT a candidate for a Calvin Kline ad). My main problem with everything so far is there seems to be a one size fits all mentality when it comes to the ratio of waist to inseam. Apparently, at birth, I received the waist of a much taller guy. Presumably there's a tall fellow out there who's pants keep falling down. Any success stories? TIA

Al,

I have a pair of Fieldsheer pants, similar to these , except that mine have a vent where that pocket is on the thigh.

They have a liner and are pretty comfy. I regularly wear them over jeans, but even still, the fit is similar to just wearing jeans.

I'm in the same boat - too much easy living in my case. I'm thinking of spending the $$$ on a set of Motoport Cordura Street Jeans. At $189 plus additional stuff they're not cheap, but if they last as long as my last Motoport jacket, they'd be worth it.

I like my BMW Summer 2 pants best of all, but they are far from waterproof. I have been eyeballing the setups from Klim as my next purchase. Waterproof shell with zipper thigh vents. I think that is the way to go for the best compromise. Problem is, the damn things are expensive.

I like my BMW Summer 2 pants best of all, but they are far from waterproof.

Yes, I found that out quite definitively yesterday afternoon...

Guest Kakugo

Spidi NL5. Meshed panels, light, CE approved protectors on knees and hips, come with detachable waterproof lining...

Bad news: Spidi has a tight fit. I actually like it (and makes ventilation more effective) but it may not be of your liking...

I'd second Motoport. They've got a couple models to chose from. I have the air-mesh kevlar pants. Best piece of gear I own.

Well I guess I'm the one w/the pantsw falling down.

Dropped 50 pounds the past 4 years...

BMW makes (made?) a great set of riding pants from tough stuff

that look more like street pants.

Everyone I know w/Motoport really likes 'em.

Hi-viz chaps...for those having trouble making the switch from stereotypical BMW to stereotypical Harley gear?? :S

2012-Missing-Link-G2-DOC-Reversible-Chaps-Black-Hi-Viz-Green.jpg

Take a look at the BMW pants that come in Euro sizing.

get a tape and check your measurements to the sizing chart.

:thumbsup:

You wear pants? :rofl:

Ashley taught him that, along with using utensils. :D

Heck, I learned to walk upright so I wouldn't skin my knuckles!

Archived