IGNORED

Uclear 200 -vs- Sena SMH10

rfetested

Has anyone had the opportunity to own or use both of these products? If so your opinions of the two would be greatly appreciated! Already tried the Cardo o just the Uclear and Sena please.....

I have not used the other, but I am using the Sena SMH10. There are issues with the BMW RT's audio system if you plan to use the Sena with that on your motorcycle.

Many folks have successfully paired their Sena SMH10 to their RTs - I am not one of them. Mine works terrific with my BMW NAVIII GPS which is paired with my cell phone. But I cannot pair with the RT's audio system for music. There is a very good discussion on this very subject at the BMW Luxury Touring, RT forum. Probably more than on this forum.

I don't get to this forum often....send me an email if you have questions. deek 589 AT bellSouth DOT net.

As for me, I have not used SenaH10 but have the Uclear 200.

I use it mostly to talk to my passenger.

Installing the ear pieces its all about location, location, location. When I first got it, my headset worked great (in a shark evoline 3 helmet) but the passenger (different helmet)couldn't hear me at high speed.

The problem was, on her helmet, because of where the chin straps are it is hard to get the ear piece low enough to be directly in front of her ear. I finally got it and works great.

I found if you have to have it at full volume your ear pieces probably are not in the right location.

One thing we wish is if we could sink the two helmets to the same phone to listen to music.

Other than that we like them. Especially not having booms.

Thanks for the input guys....My brother has the Sena and I think I'm gonna go with the Uclear mainly because they have the same basic functions an I like the boomless mike...Looks like someone would comeout with a system that allows integration betewwn systems the orders would zoom!

Sena offers a "universal mount" option with the SMH10. It come with both a boom mike and also a small adhesive mount mike. The adhesive mount works very well in my wifes' full face helmet, and I am also using one with my flip front C3. On my helmet, the cord sometimes needs rearranging to avoid the latch or to keep it out of my vision, but it seems to require less fiddling than the boom mike. You may prefer the Sena if you ever ride with your brother.

Just installed the SMH10-11 on my RF1100 and my riding buddy installed the other on his C3 with the small wired microphone.

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Some of you might remember that I WAS one of the guys with who could not get my Sena SMH10 to pair with the BMW RT's audio system. I was able to have my cell phone and BMW Nav III GPS pair, but I really wanted to hear the stereo in my headset instead of using the BMW's speakers. Now I have that, plus the ability I had earlier to hear GPS directions and use the cell phone. (My cell phone was and is paired to the BMW Nav III GPS. The Nav III GPS is similar to a Garmin Streetpilot 2820)

I was successful this morning. I did a "factory reset" which is described above or at the Sena webpage, and then downloaded and installed the latest firmware: 4.2.1.

I wrote down the procedures that I used today resulting in the successful pairing. Just let me know if anyone wants them....they are MS word doc files. However, others have written down pretty much the same thing earlier.

I haven't actually gone riding yet as the weather is wet today, but I did go through the motions of starting and stopping a ride several times. Each time I was successful, so I think my earlier problem was simply needing a factory reset and the new firmware.

I am a happy camper!

There's a LONG thread on the Sena systems on ADVRider. I am on the verge of dumping my Autocom for a Sena. in the Vendor section on ADVRider there is a discount offered by RocketMoto. Adam at RocketMoto (no affiliation) has been super at answering tech questions before and after sale for many folks.

I haven't actually gone riding yet as the weather is wet today, but I did go through the motions of starting and stopping a ride several times. Each time I was successful, so I think my earlier problem was simply needing a factory reset and the new firmware. .....

Did a ride later yesterday.....it works as well as I hoped. So very much better than trying to use the RT's speakers! The volume is much more consistent also.....when I was using the RT's speakers I had to turn down the volume when I slowed or stopped. With the headset I did not.

The UClear is interesting. I've got the 200 series and I do like them... but they have to be situated right in the helmet. Having NO mic in front of you is very nice. Good long battery. Can use it on a 3/4 helmet. Seemed like one of us always had the thing in the wrong place for best performance.... really have to test it out on the helmet to get it right.

Archived