IGNORED

Sun Glare on Zumo 660

MarkD

I recently purchased a Garmin Zumo 660LM and I must say I was disappointed the first time I used the GPS in bright sun light.

Has anyone found a product or solution to help with this.

You might wanna check Wunderlich or Touratech. I remember seeing a hood for the 660/665 series on one of those sites for that very issue.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Robins Hoods or something like that.

It is worse when you put a screen protector on it.

Bill_Walker

I bought the Touratech shade when I bought my 660. I've never installed it, because the attachment provided is permanent and the unit will no longer fit in the carrying case (or a jacket pocket) with the shade attached. Meh.

I have tried both the 'Robin Hood' and the Glare stopper, the glare stopper for two years.

the Robin Hood greatly reduced signal reception on the GPS, and in the wodded areas I would easily and often loose signal all together.

As for the glare stopper, well it worked 'decent' but barely more than that. The best thing about it was that it kept rain off and helped in that aspect on less than perfect days. As for the rest of the time...well it did make people stop and stare. It actually helped more in the car than on the bike.

Best solution I found, raise the device and tip it down just a bit. My Zumo is on a Ram Mount attached to a dash mount. I added a 6" Ram arm to it, then tipped the Zumo down just a degree or two. That got rid of probably 90% of the glare I had. Takes a minute or two to get used to but now I can see everything very clearly, even on sunny days.

Dan

Archived