IGNORED

Schuberth C3

Sharif

First ride to work in my new C3 (not Pro). With the Pro out, the C3 can be had at much more reasonable prices. I'm coming from a C2, and the difference is unbelievable! Apart from the "can you see me now" factor, the difference in airflow and wind noise is nothing short of shocking. I found it to be very comfortable, and I could actually hear my engine with the stock windscreen all the way down at 60.

The front of the helmet is farther away from my chin than the C2 was, and there is more helmet material below the chin - perhaps this helps with the aero/keeping it quiet? I'm just glad they have a wind tunnel.

IMG_1536.jpg

If anyone is giving the helmet a thought, based off my short ride, I'd say DO IT! More to come as the summer progresses.

• 2 months later...

:wave:Sharif, Just stumbled onto your post from earlier in the year. After wearing Arai almost exclusively (the last 3 were RX7's)

I think I found a better helmet. I recently purchased a Schuberth C3

in silver. On my very first ride I noticed a quietness that I had never had with any of my Arai helmets, and don't get me wrong, Arai is still a total class act, and also something called "Airflow". With all vents in the open position on my RX7 I couldn't feel the flow of air like I can with my C3. Amazing! I usually wear a liner, doesn't help with "helmet hair" but keeps the helmet liner clean. They've come a long way since our old BMW System II "Golf Ball" helmets.

NOW, I need to find speakers and mic to go with my Baehr Ultima XL installed on my R12RT. I don't want to remove them from my Arai, so I can use it on occasion, or as a spare. The problem is that the distributor for Baehr in the U.S. is no more. I'm having a hard time getting info from Baehr in Germany. Any suggestions out there? :wave:

Archived