IGNORED

Looking for alternative to BMW Pro Touring Boots

cali_beemer

cali_beemer

Its time for a new set of boots. I bought a pair in 2000 from the BMW dealer and they have served well! I love these boots. They were top of the line in their day and were $300 (13 years ago that was a lot). They are thinsulte lined, gore tex, leather and made in Italy...That's about all I can say about them, other than I have lover every minute with them. I started looking and it appears the current modern day version is the Pro Touring boot, however; these are now $360...ouch! I see Sidi boots are highly regarded. Can anyone make a recommendation that may be just as good as what I have for say around $200 assuming I don't care about them being BMW brand? Waterproof, breathability and walking around comfort are definite top of the prioriry list

Something I particularly like about the Pro Touring boots is that they're significantly taller than most other "touring" boots. I've noticed that the BMW Santiagos and Aerostich Combat Touring boots are tall also, but BMW's Allround boots are more of a "normal" height. Like you I really do like the Pro Tourings, but I wouldn't mind replacing them when the time comes with something less expensive (but equally good and equally tall).

Alpinestar makes (used to make?) a good waterproof/goretex boot that was inexpensive (about $225) that I'm wearing and I think it matches all your qualifications. Might want to check them out.

Jim

malcolmblalock

Check out Alpinestar Web GoreTex. I've had two pairs and they meet your specs and are a good bargain.

I don't know but if I got 13 years out of a pair of riding boots and they only went up $60, I believe I'd replace them with the same kind. I got a new pair for Christmas, I just hope mine last like that.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tcx-air-tech-gore-tex-boot

My choice for Cali riding for 3 plus seasons of the year.

They are waterproof and breathable,have been in 100 degree temps and in the 40's and steady heavy rain and everything in between.As you want,they are nice walking around boots too.

You are a couple hours north of me,so we ride in similar conditions.

If you are set on a solid body boot,look at the TCX Explorer GTX.

JR356

What about BMW's own "AllRound" boots? I haven't tried them, but they seem to be highly regarded and reasonably priced.

FWIW, I really like my Sidi On-Road GoreTex boots. They are a bit heavy and taller than most, but are a quality item and wear very well.($350) Sidi also has a slightly shorter and lighter GoreTex boot called, I think, GoreTex Touring (also $350)

Or the Aerostich Touring Light boots? Made by Sid, I believe.

pete

cali_beemer
I don't know but if I got 13 years out of a pair of riding boots and they only went up $60, I believe I'd replace them with the same kind. I got a new pair for Christmas, I just hope mine last like that.

I am starting to think the same thing. I may just have to wait for them to go on sale. I hate switching products when I found one that works so perfectly and lasted so long. My main thing with my current ones is the plastic toe guard is falling off and braking...I may just wear these a bit longer since I can do without that.

Archived