IGNORED

Garmin 2610 Speaker Help

kinchy

I hate to admit it but the 2610 remains on my RT. I'm to cheap to replace it since it still works. The problem is said unit requires a small external speaker. I can't find anyone/company offering a small speaker to replace the one I had that died. I welcome any and all suggestions where I might locate another small speaker. Appreciate the help.

Wayne

Although I use a Zumo 550 on my moto, I also own a few StreetPilot units (actually, 2/ea 2720 & 2730 units). In my cages, I direct-wired 'em to 12v power and used an audio output cable to the vehicle radio aux input. I see new replacement cig-plug speaker/power cables listed on the 'bay for prox $30, but I'd look hard for a (discontinued) hard-wire cable online which allows using ear buds to listen to nav instructions while keeping your eyes and attention on the road ahead...

I love my 2610. It has the best touch and button functions. Too bad they stopped updating the maps. The motorcycle/hardwire cable has an audio out connector. You should be able to hook up a set of ear buds if you really want to hear the prompts. I learned to glance at the screen and pick up what I needed so I don't use the prompts anymore.

Archived