IGNORED

Garmin Nuvi 765 and Android phone blue tooth connections.

droptine1968

droptine1968

Hey all, I'm trying to do something different here. I can pair my gps and the phone to make calls over the gps no problem. What I want to do is use the gps for navigation, and have the gps send the audio voice directions to my Verizon phone. The gps blue tooth audio profile is not seeing the phone. This way, I don't have to run a cable from the gps mounted on the bike to my helmet speakers, but will run the cable from my phone to my helmet. Does anyone know if there is a phone app that allows me to do this. Everything I've found discusses using the phone as the gps, but that will run up the data costs.

John Bentall
Hey all, I'm trying to do something different here. I can pair my gps and the phone to make calls over the gps no problem. What I want to do is use the gps for navigation, and have the gps send the audio voice directions to my Verizon phone. The gps blue tooth audio profile is not seeing the phone. This way, I don't have to run a cable from the gps mounted on the bike to my helmet speakers, but will run the cable from my phone to my helmet. Does anyone know if there is a phone app that allows me to do this. Everything I've found discusses using the phone as the gps, but that will run up the data costs.

If the phone has its own GPS chip, then no data cost are incurred. The 765 will stream to a headset but not to a phone.

The GPS will incur charges for data usage if the map app relies on internet access for map data. Apps such as CoPilot and TomTom use maps stored on the phone and do not require internet access, but might use data for information like live traffic updates. CoPilot occasionally is on sale at the Play store; I paid $9.99 with a year of live traffic. It works fine but it can be difficult to plan a specific route.

I'm not aware of any phone that can receive a Bluetooth stream.

Camhead in STL

If you have an Android device, I recommend Sygic GPS software on the Play store... you can download the maps and not need an internet connection after that. Nice lane guidance and everything.

Archived