IGNORED

Sena SMH10R ear bud adaptors now available

chrisolson

chrisolson

Took a while, but ear bud adapters are now available as OEM part for the SMH10R. Was about ready to try to make my own, but glad I waited. I couldn't have done it for what they're charging - $5.95.

senaearbud.jpg

I'm not sold on the design though it might actually be OK. Maybe should have had a way to attach the plug to the helmet instead rather than have a dangling cord. But, better than nothing. Again, this is for the slimline R model, not the regular Sena with the jog dial.

Uses helmet speaker connection. So, given that the connection will normally be buried inside the helmet its an either/or situation. You could switch it around, but not quickly.

Sena site LINK

Thanks Chris.

Wish there was a picture of it all installed. I'm having a hard time visualizing what the final package looks like.

this is for the slimline R model, not the regular Sena with the jog dial.

Actually, they also just released a couple of jog dial helmet clamps meant to address the "earbud / helmet speaker" functionality.

http://www.senabluetooth.com/products/acc_SMH-A0305.php

http://www.senabluetooth.com/products/acc_SMH-A0306.php

The new clamps are getting some lukewarm reviews on the Sena feature request forum - not exactly what folks were anticipating after a year-and-a-half. I sorta agree with them. Dangly cord (as Chris mentioned) and questionable strain relieving at the clamp body. On the other hand, it does address the base issue of being able to use either speakers or earbuds. It took 'em a little while, but I think many people don't realize all the work that's involved with a production level release. All told, I think they're pretty darn responsive to the customer, considering the relatively limited markets that they are playing in.

They're getting closer to my wishlist. Maybe on the next major product release they'll have FM and external battery with the jog dial version.

chrisolson
Thanks Chris.

Wish there was a picture of it all installed. I'm having a hard time visualizing what the final package looks like.

headset_detail.jpgsenaearbud.jpg

Follow back from the speakers to the connector ... that where the ear bud adaptors connect to that flat plug. So, there's a few inches of cord from the main unit to the connector which is normally inside the helmet. So what to do with all the cord on the ear buds from the connector to the input plug?

Archived