IGNORED

REVZILLA --- F-

KCCINDY

Bought a new Uclear comm system. Didn't like its performance. Contacted Revzilla.

CAN NOT BE RETURNED BECAUSE I OPENED THE BOX.

All items were as new. Bags,twisties,box, etc..

CAVEAT EMPTOR!

IF YOU EVEN OPEN A BOX WITH ELECTRONICS IT CAN NOT BE RETURNED!

EVEN IF IN NEW CONDITION.

From their site:

"Any electronic which has been removed from packaging or manufacturer seal broken is non-returnable"

This includes all Bluetooth com systems

Since you have pointed out their clearly stated written policy... what exactly is your complaint?

I've delt with Revzilla for clothing purchases and their return/exchange policy is first rate because these items can be easily returned to stock, really no different than someone coming into the store and trying it on.

With electronic items it is too easy for someone to hook things up incorrectly damaging the unit. This type of damage would not be evident unless Revzilla were to install and test the system which is totally impractical. Besides, you state you did not like the performance. You are not charging the item was inoperable.

You can place the item for sale online and regain some of your money.

I'm pretty sure all the online retailers and most of the brick and mortars have the same policy for electronics purchases. I've used revzilla for a couple purchases. Used their site while researching different blue tooth systems and it was very clearly labeled that opened items could not be returned.

Bill_Walker

Well, gee, Amazon and Costco will take electronics back. Of course, they probably afford it a little better than Revzilla. The standard for auto and motorcycle parts is that electrical parts cannot be returned.

Doug_Baliko

I have purchased similar items that I ended up having to sell on eBay because of the electronics return policy of most companies. I have been a Revzilla customer for several years and have always been happy with them. I had to return some clothing twice for sizing and they paid the freight for all three shipments. I thought that was way more than most companies would have done, and it was even more than their stated policy. I would definitely do business with them again.

Doug

In my experience with automotive or motorcycle electrical parts (going back to the 60's) it's rare indeed for someone to allow the return of such items if they're opened.

As with others, my experience with RevZilla has been excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

Revilla customer service is the greatest. I've been dealing with them and no complaints about their response to my concerns.

Revilla customer service is the greatest. I've been dealing with them and no complaints about their response to my concerns.

I just had some problems with a Revzilla purchase. They more than made up for the issue. Their video reviews of helmets are very helpful.

Lighthiker90

Nothing but good things to say about Revzilla as well. Returned several items. All went very well. Knowledgeable staff that actually answered the phone as well. I will order from them again.

Another happy, no make that VERY happy customer of Revzilla. I have done double returns on helmet purchases with them because of fit and they were totally cool about it and even MORE determined to get me the right one. The fact that you stated their returns policy on electronics in the same paragraph you complained about them is laughable. They have great products, videos on most everything, Zilla-cash, PLUS, they do a FANTASTIC job supporting the BMW community with donations and specials. I for one don't know of another company that supports our brand as much.

Did you join just to slam them?

Hmmm, lemmeesee here, joined almost three years ago, didn't offer an introductory post, and then slams a well known and respected vendor because they didn't so some due diligence.....

In my experience with automotive or motorcycle electrical parts (going back to the 60's) it's rare indeed for someone to allow the return of such items if they're opened.

+1

I am another one to offer kudos to Revzilla. They've always been more than fair on their prices and policies. In addition, their shipping policies are phenomenal; a few weeks back, I ordered a new helmet at 5 PM on a Tuesday. Wednesday at 1 PM, the helmet arrived at my doorstep, as advertised.

The return policy on your item was clearly stated. They met their obligations and are in the right in this case.

Shiny Side Up

Never had an issue with their customer service or returns...

Policy on electronics is "standard" from my experience.

As eddd stated - connecting electronics the wrong way can end up in a puff of smoke and they are clear about what can or can't be returned.

A number of dealerships have demo units connected in their stores so it's pretty easy to try out a system before purchase.

I will continue to patronize Revzilla

...and that's when all your "electronics" had tubes! (DAMHIK!) :wave:

Plus 1 for Revzilla too.

I just purchased a Schuberth C3 helmet from Revzilla and the 1st one they sent was too small. They immediately sent out a call tag and shipped the next size up. Excellent Service. Knowledgeable Sales folks, very pleasant personalities and relaxing to deal with. My first purchase from them. It won't be my last. :clap:

I forgot to add, having been a Parts Dept. Manager for a BMW, Porsche, Audi & Ferrari dealer for a number of years, and then owning a Yamaha, Ducati & KTM dealer for 12 years before retiring, I can tell you, across the board, it's pretty standard fare not to accept electrical parts for return, special ordered or not.

Not sure I understand your complaint. Revzilla's return policy is very liberal and clearly explained in every product video they produce as well as their website. Not hidden in fine print like some web vendors.

Bought a new Uclear comm system. Didn't like its performance. Contacted Revzilla.

CAVEAT EMPTOR!

From their site:

"Any electronic which has been removed from packaging or manufacturer seal broken is non-returnable"

1 post and gone!

:lurk:

CAVEAT EMPTOR!

From their site:

1 post and gone!

:lurk:

How different this might have been if;

either first post was to ask about the system before purchase,

or

the item was listed in the classifieds with a good price.

Too bad, we'll never know.

Maybe the OP is a great person who just compounded a mistake...

Archived