IGNORED

BaseCamp Earlier Version

Steve Kolenda

Steve Kolenda

Have had problems with the latest version of BaseCamp which I am having difficulty in getting Garmin to respond to. I would like to load an older version to correct the problem. Anybody know how to grab an older version?

Evening Steve

You might try the new Base Camp update first (just released late yesterday) 4.2.2.0

supposed to have some fixes in it.

Fixed start-up issue when opening some map installations

Fixed start-up issue with opening Trip Planner

Fixed various issues with upgrading legacy databases

Fixed issue searching for named trails

Fixed activity based routing

Fixed issue with editing routes received from a device

Fixed issue when using find

Fixed issue with displaying graphs for tracks that don't contain elevation, time, or other data.

Steve Kolenda

D.R.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I have downloaded 4.2.2 and it has the same issue. I have gone to my desktop and under "downloads" been able to download an earlier version. Problem solved. Always a very frustrating ordeal dealing with Garmin. Very long wait times to speak with someone and then they don't have a clue.

Sorry to hear about your Base Camp issues, but let me balance your comments about Garmin.

Try calling on a day and time other than Monday, or at the start of the business day. I have good luck getting through in the afternoon.

As for the competence... I find them helpful and diligent. Many times I have been forwarded to a subject matter expert if I have a stumper.

There are dozens of different devices and many different (legacy) software products to deal with. I think they do a pretty good job.

Archived