IGNORED

Low Fuel Light on 07 RT with BMW Zumo

Dean Wirsing

Dean Wirsing

I recently moved my GPS from the handlebar stem to up above the dash. Now my low fuel warning is always present on the BMW Garmin Zumo GPS. Is it possible that I didn't plug in one of the connections? I recall there were 3, the main one, plus two for the wired intercom. I bought this bike used, so I'm not fully aware of all the custom wiring on this bike.

This isn't a big deal, as my fuel strip still works (knock on wood).

Just curious as to why this indicator is always present, even right after a fill up. Not sure which Zumo this is, probably whichever one was sold at BMW dealers in 2007 or 2008.

Thanks,

Dean

Bernie is correct, however I actually like and intentionally set up my Zumo so in effect it thinks the tank is always empty. That way the icon is always on screen (when in motorcycle mode) and the nearest fuel stations list is one button push away.

I normally use it as a reminder not to trust my fuel gauge on the bike and have it set for 250 miles, for the RT.

But when I lead a group, I normally set it for the person/bike with the shortest fuel range, trying not to run them dry.

Dean Wirsing

Thanks for all the replies. I thought there was a wire connecting the fuel sensor or computer, that I had forgotten to plug in to the GPS.

Dean

John Bentall
Thanks for all the replies. I thought there was a wire connecting the fuel sensor or computer, that I had forgotten to plug in to the GPS.

Dean

The functionality you were thinking of is only available on the K1600 models.

PhilipJCaputo

I set my zumo to think that I can go 9,999 miles before I need to refill my tank. That way I only have to deal with the reset every so often.

Archived