IGNORED

Looking for new textile britches...

Huzband

My long beloved Lookwell's are finally shot. Actually they've been shot for two years, but I've been in denial. So now I'm shopping. I went to BMW Jax today ready to pop for a pair of Olympia's Moto-whatever pant, but I don't like the idea of having to put in the rain liner for inclimate weather. Kinda defeats the purpose in my book.

But here's my real dilemma. I need a 36" inseam. Of all the pants I've looked at on line, they consider a Tall to be 34". Really? Who do they use for models, Eskimos?

So you tall guys with real mans inseams chime in & help a feller out. I need textile, waterproof w/o liner, & most important, inseam length.

Bring it.

I have a set of fieldsheer pants I love. comfy, relatively lightweight, waterproof. and they were cheap a couple years ago, under $100 or so.

Here are the BMW and REVIT sizing charts here . Looks like BMW "long" goes up to 35.8 inseam and REVIT goes to 36 1/2 inseams. The BMW Comfort Shell should suit you. No liner needed with great venting and waterproof. Klim also goes up to 36 inseam. Their Badlands plus others require no liner for waterproffness. Check here

First Gear Makes Tall sizes.

I've got a pair of HT Air mesh and a regular pair.

link

shop for best pricing

Motoport

In fact, they need you to send them a pair of jeans that already fit you in order to make a pair. Got custom fitted at the MOA Rally. Waiting to receive same; about 6 weeks out.

Doug_Baliko

Olympia Ranger pants are Goretex and do not require a Liner for rain. I have several pieces of Olympia clothing and find that the quality is very good. Their pants generally come pretty long and are made so with the ability to have them altered. I also wear Aerostich AD-1 pants. They have a regular 600 denier version or light 200 denier version that I have fount to be 100% waterproof. There are a myriad of different options with Aerostich as far as alterations. I suggest that you call them.

http://olympiamotosports.com/catalog/vent-tech/mens-ranger-3-over-pant/

http://www.aerostich.com/jackets-pants/ad1

Doug

+1 on the Motoport. I have the opposite problem as you I have a very short inseam and off the shelf pants never fit, the pads always end up in the wrong place. I went on the Motoport site and followed the directions for measuring everything and I now have a pair of riding pants that fit prefect.

These are good pants at a good price and some of their Tall sizes have the 36" inseam.

Firstgear HT Overpants at closeout pricing from Motorcyclegear.com:

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/closeouts/textile_jackets_and_pants/first_gear/2011_ht_textile_motorcycle_overpants.html

Motorcyclegear.com has a "Hard to Fit" link (hard to see) on their homepage which will take you to several tall pants not already mentioned in this thread.

Motoport. They made two pairs of pants for me that are 35 in inseams and fit my narrow waist perfectly. Visit their site for styles and materials then call them and have them walk you through their custom fit process. I love my pants.

After lots of homework, I'm going to try these.

Tall has a 36" inseam, & that's what I'm looking for. Plus it has all the other features I like, & they don't cost a house payment.

szurszewski
After lots of homework, I'm going to try these.

Tall has a 36" inseam, & that's what I'm looking for. Plus it has all the other features I like, & they don't cost a house payment.

I think those are only waterproof with an inner liner (like you said you didn't want in the original post). That said, I have a pair - I think the original version - from maybe '06 and they have held up well. On my RT the zip off "strip" of material really doesn't make much difference - even if I'm wearing shorts under the pants it's hard to tell the difference; it did make a noticeable difference on my non-faired airhead though.

I have the Olympia Airglide 2 pants. I too was put off having to wear the water proofing under the outer layer, at first. Now having used them for about 7 years, I am impressed. The outside dries in little to no time if they get wet and that linner is really quite warm in the cold seasons. If there is a "knock" against them, it is the "hook & loop" system on the cuffs. Anywhere you have H&L it eventually looses its grip.

Archived