IGNORED

BMW roadside assistance for android.

Marty Hill

Is there an app for BMW roadside assistance for android? The "BMW roadside assistance" app I downloaded for Google Play only shows car dealerships, not moto, like the iPhone version does.

Thanks.

But Marty,

Don't you always tell us you've never had a problem with any of you many BMWs? Why would you need roadside assistance?

:lurk:

:wave:

(We really need one of those poking the bees' nest emoticons.)

300k on BMW's since '01. Leaky rear shock found at the local dealer and they ordered it's replacement. Why do I want the app? Sometimes I like to stop in and say hello on my cross country trips. If anything ever happens, I'll call roadside assistance and take a cab to the nearest airport/all on BMW of course.

Appreciate your concern.

According to this it is only available for iPhone.

Thanks for the question, didn't know about the app. Now Knapp is going to be mad at me if this is my reason for upgrading to the new iPhone. "Buy the Motorola you schmuck, and get a Buell."

:Cool:

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Marty

Slightly off topic but, for long rides you might appreciate Every Map For Bikers (EMFB). $15 or so. It pulls down Nexrad weather radar based upon your GPS location via the android. I have unlimited data so, didn't bother checking how many Mb it pulled down. There is a fairly long post in the advrider.com Vendors section.

It maps and does some other things as well.

It also sends out your gps coordinates in response to any texts when that mode is turned on. Although mine didn't quite work as well as I had hoped for that feature.

I have a file someone on this site sent me that was formatted for Zumo. It is about 3 years old so not sure how current it is...Don't know if you have a Zumo or not, but if you want it let me know and I will send it to you.

I have a file someone on this site sent me that was formatted for Zumo. It is about 3 years old so not sure how current it is...Don't know if you have a Zumo or not, but if you want it let me know and I will send it to you.

I found this on BMWOA. Not sure if it's any use, but was posted in April this year.

April 2013 BMWOA post re BMW dealers as POI file.

Being this side of the pond I can't vouch for it's accuracy, but have a similar one for Europe that is fine.

Edit - just checked and mine seems to be a worldwide dealer list - but I can't remember where I got if from.

Thanks to all, daughter showed me how to pull nearest dealer up on the google phone. Also carry current list of dealers from MOA.

Jake, I'll probably go back to I-phone when the new one comes out. Left because they dropped google maps.

But Marty,

Don't you always tell us you've never had a problem with any of you many BMWs? Why would you need roadside assistance?

:lurk:

:wave:

(We really need one of those poking the bees' nest emoticons.)

[hijack]

Here you go: beehive9ed.gif

[/hijack]

Archived