IGNORED

Zumo gas gauge ??

mrzoom

Since we all know how reliable the BMW gas gauge is I usually zero # 1 trip meter at each fill up and also reset the Zumo gas thing for 230 miles. After the warning comes on the Zumo I scroll to the miles ridden and it reads 30 miles less.Ie 230 miles lite comes on at 200 miles ridden. Set for 225 lite comes on at 195 ridden.

Do they all do that ?? Maybe I need to sync the Zumo to GMT?

Pending drive shaft kaputski ?? Any one else seen this ??

Afternoon MrZoom

A few things going on there--

First, the odometer on the BMWs are not always accurate as tire circumference varies by tire, extent of tire wear, tire slippage, & amount of vehicle lean over.

Next, your Zumo odo should be fairly accurate on a straight level road. GPS units are not so accurate on twisty or curvy roads as they tend to tunicate the distance in those circumstances.

GPS units are also notoriously inaccurate up & down hills as the only see the overall movement vs the satellites positions not the added travels up & down in elevation.

Hi Mr Zoom,

There's a setting in the Zumo (660 in my case) that allows you to set a 'reserve' range.

Seems like yours is set to 30 miles, so the light comes on 30 miles before you reach 'empty' (at 230, or 235 miles)

Mine's personally set to 290 miles with a 50 mile reserve and so far the light on both the RT and Zumo come on within a few miles of each other.

On top of which I also reset one of the trip meters - 'just in case'

Archived