IGNORED

Have you got a special helmet?

Kathy R

I thought that's what stickers are for :)

We had a guy locally that did some really nice helmets for some of the semi-pro racers, but I couldn't see paying that much for a piece of artwork that could get ruined in a casual drop. Right now, I wear a Scorpion EXO-400 in blue synergy and that's snazzy enough for me.

I don't have a custom painted helmet but this might as well be, I like it so much.

From the time I saw this paint scheme on the Shoei X11, I just loved it. In the "have to have that" kind of way.

Over the time, as opportunity has presented itself, I've bought both color variations of it.

I've never used either of these helmets, although also my everyday helmet is an X11 and these two are my size.

But these just look too pretty to risk them getting damaged or god forbid being stolen.

Nope, these helmets live a comfortable life in my office.

IMG_0189.JPG

IMG_0188.JPG

Mikko

Very nice Mikko! You've found a way to give yourself the view that everyone else on the street might have had in your stead! :thumbsup:

Guest Kakugo

I very much like the look of the old Colin Edwards "Phantasy Stars and Stripes" Arai. I have one in yellow I use regularly though not daily.

However the only paint scheme I have always, always wanted is a Joey Dunlop replica:

1cde4813cac89e074b85fd306bae384e

Now, in the past there have always been some very limited runs of this helmet, manufactured by Arai with full authorization from the Dunlop family and exclusively sold by the Arai dealership which supported Joey. However they ceased to make them a few years ago so that well has dried up.

I asked the chaps who painted my SP2 and they said they've done a dozen of them to date so it's not big deal.

Since I'll be getting a new helmet next year I am split between the new Arai "Violet Black" color and getting a plain white one to have it sprayed like Joey's... decision decision.

While not custom in any sense, I regularly get stopped by others with positive comments about this helmet. It is a Shoei X12 Ben Bostrom replica from a few years ago. I was unsure about it when considering it but it was at a great price and has garnered many positive comments. It is an awesome helmet as well. I was startled at just how unequal helmets are in handling air flow. This is one very smooth and comfortable helmet design, easily a favorite. It is very easy to live with as my daily helmet.

NCS

helmet%202a-X2.jpg

Guest Kakugo

That's not a faithful replica. :grin:

That's a Chaser based replica which isn't as faithful as the older RX7-based ones. The chin vent ought to be black and it shouldn't have any graphics on the sides and the back. I am that big of a nerd. :dopeslap:

In short it should be like this:

joey-dunlop-2.jpg

Archived