IGNORED

RT Seat Spacer

'99-RT Tony

Well I made a set of seat spaces from some 5/8" aluminum bar stock and found the metric screws needed to replace the short factory ones. The ride home from work (20 miles) should let me know but sitting on the bike it does feel better. I'm unable to upload any pics (never had issues with other sites and I don't have a URL for these pics) but I can email pics if anyone is interested. I guess I have to find a photo-sharing web site.....any recommendations for a PC? I'll update with my riding comfort impressions once I have some miles on it.

I use Flickr. Google's Picassa would also be a good choice. Ideally something that integrates with your photo organizing software is best (just select and "publish" to web). If you don't have photo organizing software, Picassa works well (as well as an online service it also has a local/installable program for photo organizing and basic retouching.

Tony, I feel your pain (literally). Welcome aboard and I hope you find something that works out well for you! There is a lot of info here about the seats, including a post I started right after I got my bike, entitled "Be Still, My Aching Nuts."

You'll find solutions ranging all the way from raising the front bracket to one's like riding to the ends of the earth to have a custom water buffalo-covered one built, formed to the shape of your very own butt. Personally, I settled on something somewhere in between. Later!

Archived