IGNORED

Christmas comes early to my house.

Bud

Thanks to a very successful BMWST classifieds transaction (one of many that I've had) the RT now has new seats.

1377535286.jpg

Nary a marking on them as to who the maker was but no matter. :grin: And they look brand new.

A big thank you shout out to KTM Doug :thumbsup::clap::wave:

Thanks to a very successful BMWST classifieds transaction (one of many that I've had) the RT now has new seats.

Nary a marking on them as to who the maker was but no matter. :grin: And they look brand new.

A big thank you shout out to KTM Doug :thumbsup::clap::wave:

The "wings" on each side of the rider's seat are unique (I believe) to the Russel Day Long seat. Abbreviated RDL.

Congrats and enjoy!

P.S. - I have purchased clothing, tires and wheels, a GPS, and on and on from the Classifieds here and never a problem. It works out very nicely.

Ya wanna know the best part?

Like many other BMWST classifieds transactions, there is never any doubt that you will get paid or that you will be satisfied with what you bought.

I have shipped stuff before getting payment and others have done the same for me.

I can not recall how many things I have bought and sold here, but it has always been a positive transaction.

This really is Mr. Roger's Neighborhood.

Community matters.

Ya know, sometimes when it rains it pours.

I was just told by another Beemer owner that Kontour is having a sale on their seats.

I had one on my 97 and it was the most comfortable seat I've ever had.

Hmmmmmm..........

Hard to decide what to do. Guess I will go for a ride tomorrow and try out this RDL and see how it fits my butt.

If you decide on the Kontour, I'm sure you'll be able to sell the RDL here quite readily. Took me three tries to buy mine!

First priority, keep your butt happy! :rofl:

So I got up this morning and thought it would be a good day for a short test ride on the new seat.

Rode 150 miles.

Verdict?

Seems pretty hard to me. :(

Three things to be aware of wrt the RDL:

The wings will cause your legs to splay outward at stops, resulting in a much longer reach to the ground. Most of us just slide forward onto the nose of the seat when we stop so the reach isn't so far.

The front edge of the seat will probably cause a pressure point on the bottom of your thighs that may make you immediately regret your purchase. Stick with it, and in a week or so your won't notice the pressure anymore, and the seat will become a joy to sit in.

Momma's gonna love it.

Bud,

I'm in the minority, but, RDL's and I never bonded.

Easy resale.

Same here.

Now, I have rarely met a Corbin seat I couldn't spend a weekend on...

Three things to be aware of wrt the RDL:

The wings will cause your legs to splay outward at stops, resulting in a much longer reach to the ground. Most of us just slide forward onto the nose of the seat when we stop so the reach isn't so far.

The front edge of the seat will probably cause a pressure point on the bottom of your thighs that may make you immediately regret your purchase. Stick with it, and in a week or so your won't notice the pressure anymore, and the seat will become a joy to sit in.

Momma's gonna love it.

Thanks for the advice.

Momma doesn't ride but doesn't care if I go on long trips by myself. :clap:

Momma doesn't ride but doesn't care if I go on long trips by myself. :clap:

Bud, you're a tall guy . . . sit on the back. :dopeslap:

Fantastic Idea :rofl:

But my arms are a little short for that. Perhaps more "bar back" would help that. Bars off a K 1200 LT?????? :grin:

I sent that classified ad to my neighbor but he was too cheap to pull the trigger. If I could have fit it on the 1200, I would have jumped all over it. Great deal, nice transaction.

So I cut a plastic bread board and made seat risers for the front of the seat. 1/2" higher.

Will ride to the Dell's Rally this weekend which will give me a chance to get to know the seat better.

If, after I get home, I still haven't "bonded" with the seat, someone else will have a chance to try it out.

Just curious, are you and the original owner approx the same size, weight, inseam etc? Did the original seat owner have a very short inseam? The drivers seat looks to be quite dished out where all my RDLs have been flatter especially toward the rear portion of the seat.

I've had some luck with RDLs built for other people but most of mine were made for me.

My 99RT in Arkansas while I owned it ( I heard from the current owner it was destroyed in a deer strike)

100_0407_zps458b7de0.jpg

1377535286.jpg

There was no info as to the build of the person for which it was made. I bought it based on a photo.

I just got back from the Wisconsin Dells Rally.

I'm still no more impressed that when I first rode on it.

And I may have too big and heavy a butt for it to ever work for me.

Dunno.

Gonna save up a few more bike bucks, sell this seat and buy a Kontour, which I had on my 97 and loved.

Archived