IGNORED

Foot peg lowering kit

SteveHebert

Installed the riders and passenger kit but have a question. I can no longer fold up the passenger pegs when not in use. Is this normal or did I install backwards? They just fall down heavily in riding position.

Thanks,

I will take a pic when I get home. I believe they are Suburban Machinery. They fold up but they do not stay up. I may have used the wrong pins in the wrong positions as the ones used to mount the pegs to the mount went in real tight. The mount to the bike is very loose. I will try and swap them later

Thanks

Suburban front pegs stay down due to the springs.

Back pegs are a tight fit and stay up due to the end of the peg contacting the lowering kit in the same way that it stays up without the lowering kit.

In the pic you can see that the metal plate on the end of the peg is compressed by the corner of the lowering kit when it is raised/lowered.

If you do not have standard pegs, then they may not work. View from in front of RH peg when half lowered:

100_3271_zpsc4cfcea6.jpg

View when raised. Plate pushes against flat of lowering kit in both raised and lowered positions:

100_3270_zpsae64194f.jpg

Garry

Awesome pics Gary! I think I may have them on backwards. The foot peg will not move at all bu the mount to the bike is sloppy and only stays down. I will check today.

I bought the sets from the classified ads here. I know the front are Suburban and were brand new. The rear sets kind of look the same but were not marked L or R. Front set works great.

The new mount stays in place (ie does not move) and has a grub screw that you tighten to push the mount 'out' so it does not rattle.

So I took the pegs off today, swapped mounts, spit on them, danced naked in the yard by the fire pit and recited some strange poetry. No change. I think I bought a generic or home made version, or I am just stoopid! That is very probable. I guess I will buy the real thing at some point!

Archived