IGNORED

Mouth guard

Lighthiker90

Lighthiker90

Has anyone considered or is anyone riding with a mouth guard? Common in several sports. Heck even players in the NBA are wearing them now. They are not uncomfortable for the most part. I tend to grit my teeth more than most and it got me thinking. I haven't seen any in racing motorcycles or cars and it made me wonder why.

With a full face helmet on, in a get off, I didn't experience any issues with my teeth, jaw, face, eyes, or ears. These helmets do a really good job of protecting your face and jaw.

Besides, how am I going to sing in my helmet with a mouth guard on?

Yup that's the explanation. All the time I've spent in cages on tracks never seen or heard of a mouthguard in use. Impacts from lower jaw upward aren't what one is protecting against- as in boxing, football, etc..

I've seen FF helmet chin bars broken by impacts but the drivers did not suffer any type of jaw injury despite that.

Do you admit to snoring, too? Possible rally roomies want to know

Lighthiker90
Do you admit to snoring, too? Possible rally roomies want to know

Nope. Just a teeth gritter. My wife snores something fierce though :)

I'm a night guard user. Keeps me from wearing down or even breaking teeth from grinding at night. Have considered using a mouth guard for riding but it's one more thing to put on or in (ATGATT, ear plugs, etc) before riding.

In sports, a mouth guard helps prevent concussions and is required in most school contact sports.

pete

Guest Kakugo
With a full face helmet on, in a get off, I didn't experience any issues with my teeth, jaw, face, eyes, or ears. These helmets do a really good job of protecting your face and jaw.

Besides, how am I going to sing in my helmet with a mouth guard on?

Same here. Years ago I landed square on the chin guard of a full face helmet. No ill consequences whatsoever.

Archived