IGNORED

Bluetooth help needed

Angel

Ok so here's the hardware:

Zumo 550 with XM

Iphone 4s

Schuberth SRC system

I can get the SRC connected with the Zumo but I can't hear &^%$t

I can connect the phone the the Zumo but I cant hear *&^)* either.

Anybody got this set up working so that you can hear ZUmo through the SRC system?

please advise me

You can always forgo the BT and plug directly into the SRC. Will save battery power on both units too. Not really a hands free way but it should work. Is the volume control turned up on the SRC? Top button is to lower volume.

Try to re pair the units again.

You can always forgo the BT and plug directly into the SRC. Will save battery power on both units too. Not really a hands free way but it should work. Is the volume control turned up on the SRC? Top button is to lower volume.

Try to re pair the units again.

I've tried to repair the units multiple times... the hardwire solution is my final option, i I cant dial this in before tomorrow as I am leaving on a 10 day adventure!

thanks for the response

Sometimes the sequence of pairing makes a difference.

Please tell me more... are you suggesting that the order in which I par the units may change the outcome?

Ok, silly question ... but, you did turn on bluetooth in the Zumo for the audio (instead of wired) as well as for the phone?

Ok, silly question ... but, you did turn on bluetooth in the Zumo for the audio (instead of wired) as well as for the phone?

not sure I'm understanding your question...

The 550 outputs audio on either the 3.5mm jack or via mono bluetooth and it can be configured for phone = bluetooth connection and all other audio = wired connection or all bluetooth. If you previously had audio on the wired connection, you need to go into settings and change it so both phone and audio are bluetooth.

page 45 - 46 ... not very clear directions but its the section under the heading "Audio - specify which types of audio to sent to Bluetooth headset"

Sometimes the sequence of pairing makes a difference.

Please tell me more... are you suggesting that the order in which I par the units may change the outcome?

Let me butt in......yes, the order can make a difference when you pair to your helmet. With my equipment (BMW OEM BT audio, Nav III BT GPS, Sena SMH10 BT headset), it is best to pair the phone to the GPS, then the GPS, and lastly the BMW audio system to the headset. What MIGHT be happening is your equipment, with which I am not familiar, might be fighting over the "how" to pair. With my headset, the connection to the motorcycle is A2DP, which is stereo, but the pair with the GPS is mono......I have NO idea if your gear is like that, but it's worth some research.

Good luck. I went through heck and high water getting my system all paired up, but now it's working very well. I have my cheat-sheet for anyone who wants to see my checklists, but it's probably only applicable to my specific equipment....just email to deek589 AT bellSOuth DOT NET correcting the obvious errors in my email and put "Bluetooth" or something about BMW in the subject line to keep it out of my trash bin.

Archived