IGNORED

Sometimes I press my luck w/o intending to do so.

Bud

1378254078.jpg

That is the only downside to running Michelin Pilot Road tires. One minute they look great and the next :mad:

I looked at them two days ago and could see no cord. Rode 150 miles today and look at them now.

Now I know some of you think that Duck Tape is made for situations such as this. :rofl:

Lucky for me I have a new pair in the garage. My current front isn't anywhere near worn out, but I will change it just to have new rubber front and rear.

Shiny Side Up

Hey Bud!!

That's not good! But, believe it or not, I've seen some in worse shape.

Yep - time for new rubber on your RT!

I'm on my first set of Pilot Road 3's so have no experience with them. Thanks for the head's up.

Kathy,

It was on the bike when I bought it back in the Spring. I rode to the UN and to the RA Rally at the Biltmore a couple of months ago.

So I really can not answer with any certainty. It was more square before I chased Bernie around the hills in NC! But it was 600 miles each way on the slab to get there and get home.

Putting on the new tires on Thursday and then heading off to Wisconsin Dells for the BMW rally. Slab there. Twisties in SW Wisconsin and NW Illinois on the way home.

I don't do stoppies. I do tend to accelerate with some enthusiasm. I usually get around 11K out of a rear.

Hey Bud!!

That's not good! But, believe it or not, I've seen some in worse shape.

Yep - time for new rubber on your RT!

I'm on my first set of Pilot Road 3's so have no experience with them. Thanks for the head's up.

Sure thing. I'm positive I was way past the wear indicators. :dopeslap:

I used to have that problem with the old Metzler Z6 rear tires. Good one minute, looks like this the next

MAYhem_07-221_Print.jpg

I had to milk that one home from WV on a Sunday

Before anyone else says it.......

"I'm a dumb ass.................." :dopeslap::dopeslap:

Everyone here knows that is a Metzler Marathon not a Pilot Road. :thumbsup:

Sorry for the confusion. :S:S

Extra mea culpa to Sunny Side Up for leading him astray.

The only true statements that I made were to Kathy. :thumbsup:

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

Now I know some of you think that Duck Tape is made for situations such as this. :rofl:

Nah, that calls for Gorilla tape - it's the proper black color you'd want in a tire repair :)

Before anyone else says it.......

"I'm a dumb ass.................." :dopeslap::dopeslap:

There is a rule about name calling here Mr., but in this case we are going to wave it.

:grin:

Dave_zoom_zoom
1378254078.jpg

That is the only downside to running Michelin Pilot Road tires. One minute they look great and the next :mad:

I looked at them two days ago and could see no cord. Rode 150 miles today and look at them now.

Lucky for me I have a new pair in the garage. My current front isn't anywhere near worn out, but I will change it just to have new rubber front and rear.

Hey! Isn't that a 4 ply?

Looks like you might have 3 more plies to go before the air starts to show through!

:)

Dave

That's exactly why I went with the Pirelli Angel ST EMS....they have two center "eyes" on the tread to give you a better indication of central wear!!!!

If you want to really shock yourself, check out just how thin that worn tire carcass is. We are talking petite fractions of an inch left when you hit the cords. Hard to believe a dull rock wouldn't go right thru, let alone a sharp one. Amazing just how tough they are, but...

After cutting across an old Michelin and measuring it, I understand why the wear bars look so conservative. I don't push them anymore.

Archived