IGNORED

Ohlins question

Torontonian

I have in my hand a new Ohlins for an r1150 that is printed 01092-15/62 L285. Got it from McBrides receivership sale taking the chance that it would work/fit on my 1996 R1100RT. Best info I can find says BM 601 46ER1 is for my R1100RT. Any help would be appreciated as it looks similar. Can't be returned,thanks in advance,Peter.

Thanks Mark, I'll try the fit ,numbers are different but will strip it down tomorrow to fit ,seems an easy enough operation ,thanks, Peter.

Thanks Mark for the pic. of rear shock. Yes very different. Am concentrating on the front Ohlins repacement fit and if good will fit a rear next season. As far as I can tell the 1100 and 1150 Ohlins are the same shock only fitted with different springs so feel confident now to try it on my 96 R1100RT. Peter.

Are you sure it's a 01092? The front spring should be a 01096 on both the R1100RT and R1150RT. The 01096 is 190mm long (uncompressed) and the 01092 is 170mm. If it is a 01092 its probably a lowered shock.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Installed it on front and yes it is shorter than stockby about 1/4 inch so will make a steel spacer to get bike back up to proper height. Rides good though. More labour.

• 1 month later...

Fitted 1/4 inch steel spacer at top,seems good. Can't notice much difference from stock ,I suspect all the hype is because the stock Showa was so wornout (to others commenting).

Archived