IGNORED

Deal on a heated jacket

macx

Was Searching for one, this came up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Milwaukee-2330-XL-M12-12Volt-Cordless-Heated-Jacket-Extra-Large-/290861554164?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b8b319f4

I've ordered one and the optional Milwaukee power cord made for it instead of using the Milwaukee lion battery, and a plug adapter to plug into my 1200RT.

Can't rate it yet, haven't even gotten it yet.

It retails for about the same $200+ range as bike specific

heated jackets but I snagged it on ebay for $90. Of course

without the battery and charger.

Has some neat features like a USB plug for charging things

in one of the pockets, and can be powered by a Milwaukee

power tool battery. Nice high collar, water resistant,

fleece lined.

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/cordless/2331

I bought one last year for hunting and I was impressed. The only complaint I had was that my arms got cold in the Nort Da Kota wind eh. I wish they'd run some heating wires to the elbow on the outside of the arms. I use the battery pack up in the tree stand. I think you'll like it.

Hey, good old NortDa Kota! I'm from central Minn e sota my darn self, altho left there about 25 yrs ago for SE MO (aka Swampeast Misery) of course chasing a job. After 10 years there,. I started working power plant jobs all over the country. Retiring after this job near Vegas is over (probly early January) and moving a dab North of Casper, WY, so that jacket should come in handy. Not that it can't get surprisingly cold around here in the winter. Not tempwise so much but the wind !!

Anyhoo - got the jacket today so after a look over here's my first impressions.

Fabric feels like a really tight weave so should hold the wind out pretty good. Not heavy / bulky either, and being an XL (I go 250) feels like it's still got plenty room for a few layers inside without being too snug around my dunlap.

Fleece lining feels SOOOOO nice!

Nice cuffs at the wrist, nice high collar that zips all the way up, and a neat easy to operate drawstring to tighten the bottom around my bottom. Should work easy even with gloves. No tying, just pull on the knot to tighten and a little cinch block holds it. To loosen just pull the cinch block.

I'm 6'-1 and it's long enuf to come nearly to the bottom of my jeans front pockets, and still covers the lower back below the belt line when I sit on a chair. That's important on a bike in cold weather!

It does say to hand wash only no matter what kind of cycle you have in the washer, and not to wring out. Probly nothing more than any heated clothing.

So until I get to actually try it in colder temps, I'm giving it a definite thumbs up.

Oh, the battery holder (which I won't use anyway) doesn't have the USB port in it like the Milwaukee website says. No biggy, have a USB plug in the front right cubby hole compartment on the RT anyway.

Archived