IGNORED

Zumo 660-In helmet volume

fastlarry

I have a new Zumo 660 installed on my '11 RT; I have it powered up through the accessory plug provided on the bike. My bike has the factory-installed sound system. I have the BMW communications system in my Schuberth C3 Pro helmet. I have successfully linked the bike's sound system with the helmet and also have linked the Zumo to the helmet for voice instructions. My problem: these voice instructions are loud! and I can't seem to reduce them without affecting the radio volume from the bike system. If I use the volume controls on the helmet the radio volume goes down as well. If I can't separate the two I will just dispense the voice commands.

Larry

Larry, there is a volume control on the Zumo 660 itself. You don't mention having tried that, and it shouldn't affect the bike or helmet audio afaik.

A quick touch of the on/off switch with the zumo switched on, brings up a volume and brightness adjustment screen.

The 660 has three volume controls ... 1 for navigation, 1 for media and 1 as an overall or master. The quick tap of the on/off button only brings up the master control.

On the home screen touch the "volume" graphic (next to the tools graphic), then the "mixer" selection on the bottom of the next screen. You now have all three controls. Adjust the navigation volume as needed.

Archived