IGNORED

Question about Gerbing jacket electrical connections

Charles Elms

I've got a question about the Gerbing Power Distribution Unit (PDU) that is attached to the inside left bottom of the jacket. My jacket was bought several years ago, just before Gerbing went to the micro wire technology. MY jacket has a Male connector on the right pocket side as you face the PDU. It connects to my female end of my single temperature controller, with the other wire, male, from the controller connecting to the female end of the battery harness. Works like a champ!

The only other connector in the PDU is a female connector in the far left of the three sockets. I just acquired some Gerbing gloves with the female plugs that connect to the Male plugs in the sleeves of the jacket.

I want to buy a dual temperature controller, and the picture shows that the output side has two wires, both being female. I only have one male connector in the jacket. What's going on?

I think the female connector in the PDU is wired to the cuff male plugs for the gloves. I don't know this for sure.

Do I need a double male short connector to connect the second female connector on the Temp Controller?

Based upon pictures of the current jacket, the PDU has TWO male plugs, one center and the other right, with a female on the left. I just have a female left and one male right. Nothing in the center.

This has me baffled.

Any comments or advice on how to hook up the gloves.

Well, I just talked to Gerbings and my jacket is missing the center male plug in the PDU.

I will now go to Bob's BMW where I bought it and see what we can work out.

Update: Bob's BMW sent it back to Gerbings for a warranty repair. We will see what happens. I was told that the female on the left was to connect pants. Don't need pants, want to connect gloves.

It is my understanding that the gloves are fed from the sleeves. The single controller then provides for both. Same as the socks are fed from the pants. A single controller can be used for upper or lower body. I think my jackets are the same as yours but I am unable to check.

Archived