IGNORED

Ethanol-free gas stations

SKYGZR

On a recent trip to the UP I had the opportunity to use ethanol free premium in my RT, Wow; what a difference...mileage was up by 5 as well. Perhaps it's popular up there because of the high performance snowmobiles (?).

Unfortunately a lot of the gas stations on that list are not selling ethanol free gasoline.

There is no fuel testing or truth pledge to be on that list so some stations just claim they are ethanol free when they aren't. Some station owners (or their friends or workers) put themselves on that list as a way to increase sales, & others yet are put on the list in good faith from people that think just because "contains ethanol" is not listed on the pump it must be ethanol free.

There are 2 stations close to me that are on that list & neither have ethanol free gasoline. There is one station near me that has 2 ethanol free gasoline pumps ( 90 octane) & that station in NOT on the list. Their 2 pumps are clearly labeled ethanol free & even have a different color nozzle cover.

It's an interesting issue. An unbranded station near me just switched their premium-93 gas pumps over to non-E. But how do you really know? Will the state agency that checks for accurate measurement/volume of gas also check for content as advertised?

In Arizona, the only e free gas is "race" gasoline, at very racy prices ($7-$10/gal) :eek: , in 100 or 110 octane. A few performance shops and a station close to Firebird Raceway carry it. Not a viable option here.

It's an interesting issue. An unbranded station near me just switched their premium-93 gas pumps over to non-E. But how do you really know? Will the state agency that checks for accurate measurement/volume of gas also check for content as advertised?

Morning Michael

I take my samples into work to have them tested. (not instantaneous but accurate).

In any case, I question 93 octane ethanol free as that would take a full 93 octane base stock (ethanol increases octane rating).

Most I ever see around is 89 or 90 octane ethanol free once in a while a 91 octane.

My question is : I run the highest octane at the pump , my 1150rt doesn,t seem to like the lower octane fuels. I recently moved to an area were just about all the stations carry ethenol free 89 . Will my motor like the 89 ethenol free gas ?

I kinda think my answer is try it and see, but am curious if anyone else has some experiance

Thanks

In Arizona, the only e free gas is "race" gasoline, at very racy prices ($7-$10/gal) :eek: , in 100 or 110 octane. A few performance shops and a station close to Firebird Raceway carry it. Not a viable option here.

Yeaaaaah, I don't think I'll be doing that...

Afternoon Taylor

Yep, your answer is: is try it and see.

I can run 90 octane ethanol free in my 1200 hexhead but that thing has twin knock sensors.

Your engine should run OK on

89 it's just a matter of (if) it pings/knocks or not.

I am lucky I have a shop very close to my home 90 octane, E-free

I run this in all my lawn tools (huge difference) and in all motorcycles, dirt, dual sport, track and street.

I have not noticed the difference in mileage that some report, but it is a huge difference in the dirt bikes and dual sport which do nt get ridden as often. bike starts right up, no need to "prime" it with starter fluid. For my lawn gear, dirt bike and dual sport bike, it is well worth the money.

On a recent trip to the UP I had the opportunity to use ethanol free premium in my RT, Wow; what a difference...mileage was up by 5 as well. Perhaps it's popular up there because of the high performance snowmobiles (?).

The fishing and pleasure boats are abundant up here and the older machine don't like the Oxy fuels. I can find non oxy fuel at just about any station I stop at if I'm close to the lakes which is just about anywhere I like to ride.

:clap:

My question is : I run the highest octane at the pump , my 1150rt doesn,t seem to like the lower octane fuels. I recently moved to an area were just about all the stations carry ethenol free 89 . Will my motor like the 89 ethenol free gas ?

I kinda think my answer is try it and see, but am curious if anyone else has some experiance.

My only choice until just a couple of weeks ago was a single station that had a separate pump with 89 octane pure gas. For a couple of years I was alternating fills between that station and a local Exxon with 93 E-10 gas. My 1100RT manual specifies 90 grade, so I figured I'd end up with an average around 90-91 and probably E-5. Mileage was better and never had any ping, so try the E-0 89 and throw in a full premium fill every so often.

Archived