IGNORED

Just ordered...

OlGeezer

...tire #7 for the GSA. Yes, the bike is just a little over a year old.

1&2: The bike came with Metzeler Tourances (lasted 7k miles +/-)

3&4: My first set of knobbies: Kenda Big Blocks. TERRIBLE TIRES! (lasted 3k miles)

5&6: Continental TKC80s. LOVE THESE TIRES! But, alas, they do not last (3k miles on the rear tire). I've got a pretty impressive chicken strip on it!

#7: Metzeler Karoo-3. I'm going to give it a try. Hope it lasts. I'm not expecting it to be as good in the sand as the TKCs, but I hope they are good enough for my skill level.

If it helps, I've had good luck with the Heidenau K60 on the rear of my GS. Its not as agressive as a full knobby, but is a huge improvement over the Tourance's offroad. At my current wear, I should hit 10k miles on the rear.

I've run a Tourance, Anakee, and a TKC80 on the front. I liked them all for different reasons. The Tourance and Anakee have been great on the pavement, not so good offroad. The TKC80 is awesome in the dirt and surprisingly pretty damn good on the pavement. I like the Tourance/Anakee for commuting, but usually slap a TKC80 on anytime I'm heading out on a trip. I rode the K60 rear / TKC80 front out to Colorado last summer for the UN, and I thought it was a great setup.

Getting 7k miles on primarily Cali and west cost roads on Shinko 705 Radials,the fronts are getting more,have about 9k on my current front.

Can't beat the price!

JR356

I'm running the Tourance front and rear on my 04. Haven't done more than a couple logging roads Mostly been riding paved road commuting to work. I've got a little over 5000 miles on the set and plenty of life left. For the street the handle great and seem to be wearing evenly. I doubt they'd be great for anything worse than a dirt road.

Archived