IGNORED

Olympia Motorsport Customer Service

pedro cerveza

pedro cerveza

Props for Eric in customer service at Olympia... The side zippers on my Airglide pants bit the dust so my local store sent them back to Olympia for warrantee service. After a few weeks I hadn't heard from the dealer so I called CS at Olympia. Eric told me the pants were out at the repair shop and it would be a few more days. I told him I had a trip coming up the next weekend and I really wanted my pants for the ride. Two days later Fedex shows up with my pants and a few freebies from Olympia. Great service!!!!

Last year I had an accident where my Olympia jacket was toast. I asked input from the forum about replacements.

It was suggested that I contacted Kevin Rhea, owner of Olympia Motor Sports.

I did with some pictures of the jacket. He was receptive and surprised that the jacket had suffered as much damage.

Although I stated that my interest was just to give him some feedback, he promptly offered a replacement at no charge, which he shipped at their cost.

I then received an Airglide 3 jacket, which was more expensive than the one I lost.

It was good to see Kevin stood behind his gear and although not strictly required backed its performance. A less caring individual might have thrown excuses or sidestepped the issue.

You all draw your own conclusions on this one. I at least felt that the brand did all they can.

A+ for Olympia service...

My Olympia pants split a seam on the knee the 3rd time I wore them. Called them and was told to send them back or have them repaired and send them the invoice from the repair shop.

I chose to send them back and they returned as new within a week, 2 years later no problems.

Highly recommended!

malcolmblalock

My only customer service experience was not as good. I bought an Olympia "Ace" (I believe that's the name) leather jacket. It worked fine for a couple of seasons, wearing it maybe a half-dozen times.

Last year when I tried it on, I noticed the armor on the right shoulder felt lumpy. I opened the pocket where the armor fits, and out fell many pieces ranging from an inch to about a half-inch. It just deteriorated, but only on the right shoulder. Left shoulder and both elbows had armor that looked like new.

I contacted them by email, and their only comment was that I could order new armor if I wanted to replace it. No offer to examine it or to replace one shoulder armor. Left a sour note in my opinion of Olympia's customer service.

Just my experience....

Olympia shortcuts the usual wholesale distribution channels and the owners are usually the one's on their booth at rallies, as well as being directly involved in design. So they've got better opportunities for direct contact and to provide the level of service we expect of the better small companies.

A lot of folks in our local NC club use their gear- its is very good quality for the price point- though you can certainly do better if you're willing to spend the big bucks (generally at least 2X the cost) for well made gear using all of the very latest fabric advances (eg like laminated GoreTex where suitable).

One of things Olympia does well on their newer designs is reflectivity for night riding- good reflective piping and other items. Can't say I've heard any complaints from local riders using their stuff.

Archived