IGNORED

Where can I get a BMW power/accessory plug?

Michelangelo

Michelangelo

I'm talking something like this, which was jerry rigged onto the Battery Tender I got with my bike. Is it a Hella plug?

But what I'm really trying to do is find a way that I can charge my cell phone on a trip and be able to hook my air mattress electric blower or other standard 12v lighter socket type up to my bike. If there's an adapter that would work if it allows the cig lighter plug to be fitted to the Hella socket. But if I have to buy the BMW mini style plug, then I can just as easily wire that in place of the lighter socket type I would think?

IMG_20131009_111747_zps5f2f1268.jpg

IMG_20131009_111747_zps5f2f1268.jpg

I think this may be what I need: but I can't see the back end of it to see if it's the female for a lighter style socket.

(The only other type of adapters I've found so far are sold in AU, where shipping is a ton to get to the USA. And their adapters have a long pigtail. I'd rather have a simple, short adapter.)

http://www.ozautoelectrics.com/thermoplastic-accessory-plug.html

i got mine from Wunderlich America

Yep I just ordered one from them too, coming this week. Powerlet Products has them too, along with a dual dedicated USB unit, but it is a bit $$$$ IMHO.

A&S have all sorts of adapters and cables listed here

A&S cables & adapters

Not sure how prices compare with Wunderlich.

I use one with my RT, but can't remember where it's from, possibly Maplins or similar here in the UK, and certainly nowhere near the

prices on the A&S link.

I don't know where you are, but if you have a BMW close by and want something now, I'd check with them. My bike (same one you have, actually - if your profile is accurate) happened to come with one, but I've seen the bmw/powerlet to regular cigarette style adapter in several dealers.

Get this package from powerlet and you can cover anything you need to do. I carry these in the top case. They work for my charger, cell phone, heated gear etc....A bit pricy but will do the job.

If you just want to buy the usb connector they sell it separately.

http://www.powerlet.com/product/complete-adapter-set/575

+1

I use a simple powerlet connector: (click on image for link to page)

PAC-002_p_1_webl.jpg

I'll plug my phone charger into it on longer trips and it charges up fine.

I've seen these at my local dealer as well.

Thanks. I ended up ordering the adapter without the cord but it also had the USB insert. Unfortunately I didn't get it in time for my bike trip to southern Utah this past weekend. Oh well. I survived.

disregard the date stamp

IMG_2961_zps68258aa3.jpg

IMG_2960_zps8de66fdb.jpg

IMG_2954_zps1bd6d942.jpg

Archived