IGNORED

kahedo seat from touratech

walton66

has anyone tried the seat from touratech. I'm stuck in a state of paralysis by analysis on seats. I can't try every one out there. I know several friends love their RDL but I can't get comfortable on theirs. Sargent seat company is the closest to me at 500 miles. I think I'll just mold my ass to the stock seat .

I bought the Touratech seats for my 2005 R1200RT and now have them on my 2012 RT. I originally bought them for the comfort of the passenger, as the forward slope of the stock passenger seat was very uncomfortable. I didn't think the stock operators seat was that bad until I got the Touratech seats. It's not that much different that the stock seat in appearance, but it spreads the support area out better. I've been very happy with it.

I have it. Next with Wilbers shocks the best way to spend money on the bike.

Mind it's completely different in construction from the OE seat (though Kahedo uses genuine BMW bases). Apart from shape, it's made with a much denser foam which better supports body weight, with a tiny layer of slightly softer foam on top to provide additional comfort, avoiding the "sitting on a plank" feel I had with Corbin.

Cover is made of Kahedo's own antislip material, which really works to prevent all those small, involuntary slips you can get on the saddle.

All in all I would warmly recommend these seats to anyone. :thumbsup:

+1 on the Kahedo for comfort.

It works for us, and better than airhawk + standard seat but we haven't tried any others for comparison.

Living in the UK we were able to try before buying, but obviously not an option for overseas.

Archived