IGNORED

Bike Insurance for foreigners on holiday in the US

Mark H

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked and answered already - search didn't come up with anything.

My wife and I are bringing our bikes to the US for a riding holiday in 2014. We will be on the road for 35 days and need to find an insurance company that will cover our bikes.

We call it "comprehensive" insurance but I think it's called "comprehensive with full collision damage" or something like that in the US.

Either way - we want to find a good, reputable and reliable company to cover the full value of our bikes, rider gear and the usual range of extras - but the problem is (I think) we are foreigners.

Can anyone recommend a company to talk to?

Mark H.

I had a very good experience with Progressive and would highly recommend them. I hope that they can help you.

Auto, Motorcycle, Boat/PWC, RV

1-800-776-4737 (1-800-PROGRESSIVE)

Here is a LINK to their web page where you can email them

LINK

Please post your route and some of us may be able to meet you for a cup of coffee.

Thanks for the tip Kathy.

I'll contact them and see if they can help.

I suspect we need to find a special insurance provider that is happy to deal with foreigners :-) and foreign bikes.

Mark

Whenever I travel overseas I use my UK insurance company. They - for a fee - extend my normal insurance to cover the overseas trip, up to 90 days. I would try your own insurance company for a quote.

Andy

Hi all,

I am hoping someone has some experience with Foreign Nationals wanting to insure their bikes while visiting the US and Canada.

My wife and I are bringing our bikes from Australia and want to have them fully insured including collision damage etc. etc. while riding in the US and Canada for 35 days.

We also want to get a good Roadside Assistance Service - this may be part of the larger insurance but may need to be a special package to get good cover and services.

As you would all understand, owning a BMW means we are proud to say they are reliable and dependable machines BUT I like to be safe and insurance is not only sensible but also compulsory.

Breakdown service is just peace of mind when travelling overseas.

Any tips or personal experience would be appreciated.

Mark H.

Archived