IGNORED

Recommendation on a Bike Cover

gmcjetpilot

I am thinking of a half cover that just protects the top of the bike, going over the windscreen, handlebar and controls, instrument, tank, seat and all three luggage bags, two side and rear luggage rack bag.

I don't want to spend a mint.

Nelson Rigg UV2000.

I've used the one I have on several motorcycles on lots and lots of trips over about 7 years now. I keep expecting it to need replacing, but so far it does not. It covers enough to keep my saddle, windshield and the top parts of the bike dry and protect much of the bike from prying eyes. It compresses to a very small size, and is made of a fabric that does not hold water. Looks like Mylar, but it's much tougher.

Kwikover cover on mine. The pouch sits behind the rear seat against the tail rack so it's out of the way - both luggage & people are unaffected. But it's always there so a quick unzip & pull the cover over and it's done. Folding it up is easy in the morning and it rolls back into the storage pouch. The only time I take it off is when I have the aux tank on in place of the rear seat.

On a BMW owner recommend several years ago, I've been very happily using my Dura Guard (I think that's it) half cover,

ironically made for a Wing. Just got my 2nd one, old one finally gave out from daily use at work.

But on my RT it covers most everything down to the tops of

the cylinders, and doesn't cover the front fender.

Has a couple handy elastic straps with hooks positioned just

right to hook around the driver pegs, and has a good elastic

band all around the bottom. Stays on pretty good unless a

really strong wind.

Folds up real small, is lightweight. About $40 shipped.

I don't have a trunk (have rigged a large but collapsible duffel bag to my luggage rack so I can still throw my leg over like normal unless I'm carrying something like groceries or lots of luggage), so wouldn't fully cover the side cases

if you have a trunk. But without the trunk, it fully covers the side cases.

Using it pretty much 6 days a week at work, mine lasted 3 years. Not totally waterproof but certainly water resistant.

http://cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/861

I got the Nelson Riggs 2000UV half cover, XL.... Perfect. Silver, so it reflects, and comes with a little zip fanny pack storage pouch. The price was right, and Amazon had it to my house in a few days. It covers the windscreen, handle bars, and all the bags, side and top easily.... The half cover does allow more ventilation.... and allows moisture to evaporate, verses trap it.

Thanks for the tip... I am sure the other ones are perfectly fine, but I really like the light weight.... and from everything I read it will last many years. During the summer I hated having it sit out in the direct sun. Of course summer is a memory, we are going into the 30's tonight..... Burrrrr.

I actually purchased the BMW cover recommended for the RT at about $45. Fits perfectly and rolls into its own pouch. Very similar to the Nelson Riggs. (I'll bet both are made by the same company). Of course I do have the large BMW logo on the front.

Archived