IGNORED

Anyone have any Tork XPro helmet speakers?

Rougarou

I'm looking to upgrade the Sena speakers that I have. Currently, for longer rides, I change the mount so that I can use my Dr Dre Beats ear buds (wonderful), but I want a better sounding speaker for the 45 minute commute. I found the Tork X-Pro helmet speakers with solid reviews and a good review from webBikeWorld. Just checking to see if anyone has them or knows someone that has them and what they think. I'll be mounting them in a Schuberth C3.

I will leave you to do the final leg work BUT ... during my search for headphones for my daughter and my wife's helmets, I came across the Koss KTXPro1 headsets. While I was looking, I read a couple of reviews that said that the drivers (speakers) were the same as the Tork XPro's. You can buy the Koss at Amazon for $11.00. The speakers unclip for the headband and fit into her Nolan helmet perfectly.

They come with an inline volume control that I made good use of. My Starcom units have a 'balance' control to get rider and pillion sound adjusted. I don't hear as well as my wife and have always been a little tentative about dialing up the volume. Now that her headphones have an inline volume control, I don't have to worry about it. I plug the Koss into the same female outlet that earbuds would plug into (she tried earbuds but didn't like them) and with a little creative routing of the cable and a couple of zip ties, she now has a volume control mounted on her helmet.

YMMV but she loves the sound.

I'm looking to upgrade the Sena speakers that I have. Just checking to see if anyone has them or knows someone that has them and what they think. I'll be mounting them in a Schuberth C3.
I used these speakers first in my Shoei Multitech helmet. Great sounding speakers. I then purchased the Schuberth C3 but when I tried to mount them in the helmet, they were too thick for the ear wells and I had to modify the helmet.

My Tork speakers fit in my C3 perfectly. I used the Sena velcro pad that was already there.

Tom, at bikeintercom.com removed the senas and soldered on the Torks while I waited. All done in 20 minutes.

I use them with hearing protection but find them just fine. at 110-120kph, they may be a little harder to hear, but the sound is still good. I would recommend them.

Archived