IGNORED

Sena SMH10-11 Bluetooth Headset

gmcjetpilot

I just bought this Bluetooth headset on Amazon for $146. I am very impressed. I installed on my Modular (flip up) Helmet in no time. I bought the -11 model with the universal mount, which means you are not stuck with the boom mic coming off the bottom of the unit. I have not rode with it yet, but from all the reviews it sounds great.

I linked it to my HTC Android Phone and my iPod 3G Touch with no problem at all. Works perfect. I will be able to link with other Bluetooth riders as intercom or conference with several riders. It has voice commands, voice messages, and Joggle switch that can control iPod playback and do multi functions. The unit pops off and leaves the docking part on the helmet. The quality seems very high.

LINK to SENA.COM Product Information

SMH10-UMK-62.jpg

SMH10-BK-Overview.jpg

SMH10-Features.jpg

Go ahead and add the mounting adapter that allows you to use ear buds.... get some high quality that also act as ear plugs... and you will be really glad... quite, and clear...

Plus one on the recommendation to get the mount that allows you to use ear buds. I'm still using the stock SENA speakers shown in your picture and they are fine for talk radio or voice communication. Beyond horrible for music!! Not sure I understand the reason behind SENA's choice to use such low quality speakers or shall I say.. not offer higher quality units..

All of that said, I have one concern using ear buds. When I ride with others who do not have a communicator system, which is almost everyone I ride with.. We have to yell at each other through a full face helmet at a stop or traffic light to communicate. This task will be even more difficult when I push a set of high quality buds into my ears.

As with most things, no simple solution or one size fits all!

Slightly off topic but if anyone wants directions to install one of these bad boys in a Shoei Neotech. shoot me an IM. I spent many hours researching and testing mounting methods. Taking bits and pieces of others who were kind enough to post pix on the web, I think I have a 'good as it gets' installation. I wish I had time to make a webpage.

I've had this Sena for about a 6 weeks. It's a good system and the battery lasts a surprisingly long time. There's not much bass from the speakers but that was expected.

One annoyance when playing music from my iPhone 5S is that I can't get it to step back when selecting songs. I can get it to step back to the beginning of the song that's playing but it won't step back to previous songs. It steps forward but not back.

Archived