IGNORED

Crating my RT

me&mybmw

I wish to crate and ship my bike out west and ride it back.Does anybody have a good design for a crate? (not to heavy) Has anyone heard of BMW getting rid of crates? I'm outside Toronto Ontario Canada.

Why crate it, and do all that yourself?

I've shipped our bikes, with Federal. They show up, mount your bike on their pallet and off it goes. Now worries and no hassles.

BMW dealers are usually pretty good about "receiving" the bike and keeping it until you show up. Some will charge you, some not.

Where out west are you going?

http://www.funtransport.com/

The plan is to have bike in Calgary Alberta no later than June 12. I was into local dealer today and he has plenty of bike skids for the job. As there is lots of time,there will be something in spring.

if you are riding west check your planned route againt dates.... i went to Waterton this year in june only to find the roads thru Kananaskis were closed because the pass didnt open until June 15 (we were there June 13)

kgerry,it is our 40th anniversary on the 15th, so we will be in Vancouver on the 15th,I am taking the south route on #3 into the city. Going to catch up with a few people for a few days, then book it out. Snow at higher elevations is the greatest concern for me right now.(although I have not sat down and planned it all out)

elkroeger, Federal runs USA only. Will check with BMW dealer in Calgary, I have a friend that used to race for them...maybe I can get a string or two pulled.

Archived