IGNORED

Custom Seats in North Georgia

Selden

I'm wondering if anybody has any experience/recommendations with custom seat makers/reupholsterers in north Georgia? A Sargent came with my R1100RT, but it was flat as a board, and never really fit me properly. I picked up a Rick Mayer saddle from someone here a couple of years ago, but it was made for a much shorter rider, and didn't have enough padding; I reshaped it pretty much to my satisfaction, but the foam I used is on the hard side. A demo ride on a 2013 R1200RT last weekend made me realize how much better the seat could be.

I think that "off the shelf custom seats" is an oxymoron; I could ride down to Jacksonville to have my Sargent re-shaped, but I'd rather find someplace local, if possible.

I can recommend Frank "Spencer" Turnier, in Florida at Greatdaytoride.com....

He will take a stock seat and cover and change the type of foam and contour.

The info is all on his website with some reviews by motorcycle magazines. The prices are VERY reasonable. Read the website and drop him an email. Pictures of you seated on bike is not needed but helps him. I recall he does not use USPS... needs to go FedEx or UPS. You send him the seat with the return receipt. So you only pay him for seat work. Again prices are very fair. Total cost with shipping which is about half the cost, will be well under $100, a little more than $100 for both driver and passenger saddles.

I had about a little height taken out of my R1150RT seat, made a tad narrower and the special foam he uses, "Supracor" that contours but does not bottom out.... I am very happy with his work. My seat looks stock but is comfortable all day.

Archived