IGNORED

Plexus Pricing Doubled?...........Just Curious.....

Redbrick

Anybody have any idea why Plexus costs about $2.70 an ounce now? A 7oz. can cost around $19.00.............That's twice the price I paid last time.........I passed and bought some Honda polish instead........

I haven't bought Plexus in a long time but I remember they went through a similar phase when they expanded their business outside the aviation community.

Before you could buy Plexus on the cheap from aviation supply stores, but when it became popular and started to be available through other outlets, price instantly shot upwards.

Now they seem to be going through a similar phase. Probably they expanded their business again and never heard about the phrase "economy of scales". :rofl:

I have a buddy that is an aviation mech in the Marine Corps. I asked him to commandeer a couple of cans for me. He stated that they aren't using it anymore,.....budget cuts have caused them to cut those costs.....maybe a loss of sales to the military could cause them to raise their prices????

After years of reading "how to clean windshields" threads… I finally broke down yesterday and used Pledge.

I think it works better thenPlexus… and I have been a years-long user.

I pledge to use Pledge from now on.

Shaolin Master Sergeant

I recently bought Pledge, Honda spray cleaner/polish and Amsoil Miracle Wash waterless wash and wax and compared the three. Pledge can was about $8, Honda spray was $5 (larger size) and Amsoil spray was $9. All were comparable in size for the most part.

Pledge: good cleaning ability, nice shine but biggest drawback is that it took about 2-3 times more effort to buff off to a streak-free finish.

Honda spray: best bang for the buck if you can find it at similar price I got. Better cleaning ability than the others. Very easy to bring to a shine. Carnauba-like rich glow. My fave of the three.

Amsoil: good cleaning ability, very easy to use. Similar effort to buff off as Honda but the finish is more synthetic glossy shine (as opposed to a softer but richer looking carnauba look).

These are just quick shine me up products with some protective qualities Lay down some paste or liquid wax on the paint to serve as a more substantial protective base layer.

Shaolin Master Sergeant

Btw, I have used Plexus. I like it but they priced themselves out. Honda or Amsoil spray are much cheaper alternatives. They both work good on my windshield too

Tried the Honda polish and cleaner and it works very well...Easy on, easy off....Also, as Frank says, it smells like bubble gum...... Fleers Double Bubble I think...Wish I'd have kept some of those baseball cards that came with it in the middle of the last century....Could probably pay for a new RT with all the extras.....

Thanks for the input.......Honda it is.....Bye, bye Plexus.......

I'm with Hopz, I've been using pledge since my last can of plexus ran out and I think it works just fine. Best part is you can get 3 Packs at Cosco for less than 1 Plexis.

And it smells so lemony fresh!

Archived