IGNORED

Any young(er) BMW sport touring/touring riders out there?

mdo905

Phil, sorry to hijack the thread for a moment, but living in south florida I know the heat you speak of. I purchased a shortened windshield and while not perfect. I get a lot more air on hot days and with earplugs The relatively smooth air around my helmet is easy to tolerate.

To continue the hijack, I took off the side panels this spring to "paint" them, but didn't get around to doing that until October, so I rode all summer without the sides. This is on my R1100RT, so I don't know how well it would apply to 1200 models, but on the 1100 my legs really enjoyed the extra air.

I realize to most of you, probably, this would be an aesthetic abomination, but I actually think it made the bike look better in some respects - or at least weird :)

I flew a DH Moth out of santa paula back in the '70's. Cliff Robertson had a tiger moth and spitfire there at the time. Steve McQueen kept a plane and some motorcycles there back then. PM you phone # and I'll call a week or so ahead.

I flew a DH Moth out of santa paula back in the '70's. Cliff Robertson had a tiger moth and spitfire there at the time. Steve McQueen kept a plane and some motorcycles there back then. PM you phone # and I'll call a week or so ahead.

P.M.Sent

.........and check out the Santa Paula Airport :thumbsup:

First Sunday?

That would be a great day to come to santa paula. I'll work on coming there on a sunday. Might even be with a couple of kali friends. :thumbsup:

Archived