IGNORED

Garmin 390LM

Lmar

I'm considering purchasing a GPS for my RT and one that I could use in my other vehicles. It seems that the 390 has been recently released.

I am wondering if anyone has one and how they like it. How would it compare to the 660's and Navigator V?

Got 2 but don't have much time with them. There are some display changes, a very good receiver, some easier access to fuel stop info while riding and some other minor changes. Got a 660 and for most things its just a matter of personal preference. Also still using old 550s which have less sensitive receivers and are missing some of the convenience features of the newer ones but still get the job done.

Most use of a gps is the basic stuff, not all the fancy features. Suggest focusing on that. If you want some off road or app type features check out the Montana or its newer successor.

I'm also in the throes of choosing a GPS for the RT and, besides the Bluetooth, I really like the TPMS feature on the 390LM. Not worried about XM radio and all that other gubbins though, which is why I like the 390LM. Prolly going to end up with one.

The GPS Store has a Motorcycle Kit with the 390LM and 2 TPS monitors, for $769. In no hurry so I'm still shopping around for deals :) !

I've used a Montana on my RT for the last two years (it replaced a 276C), but just bought a Nav V a week ago. It's not yet mounted on the bike, so I've just played around with it at home. If you want more detail, check out the lengthy thread at ADVRider.com (in the Layin' Down Tracks forum), or read this review, which is hot off the press:

http://globeriders.com/article_pages/article07_gps/article07_nav5.shtml

Archived