IGNORED

Anyone tried these brake pads?

Rob L

Considering the overall cost of motorcycling in general versus the cost of new brake pads, I don't think this is the best place to economize.

Johnny J

I looked at the sets offered on E bay for a while.

Ended up going for the set sold by BeemerBoneyard and have not been disappointed.

They have favorable reviews from folks here and other BMW sites.

Good prices too.

If the set you bought does not work out,I'd look there next.

JR356

I learned a long time ago, never cheap out on brakes and tyres!

Funny, I have learned just the opposite. I used to buy only the best. Mischelin, Mettzlers, OEM brakes, filters, oil, batteries. I now buy Shinko tires, universal batteries, Hi-Flo filters, and now I will try these Ebay brakes. The Shinkos last better than the Dunlops and Mischelins and I have ridden in torrential downpours, 105° heat, and below freezing. They have never misbehaved. My universal battery is 3 years old and the bike started last week in 20° weather. I have 56000 miles on the bike and the engine runs fine with Mobile 1 and Hi-Flo filters. I know that some people feel guilty if they don't buy the best. I feel guilty when I spend more than I had to. Satisfy yourself, be happy. I am just offering those who can't afford the best an alternative.

I agree but both Hi-Flo Filtro and Shinko aren't "cheaping out", they are recognized brands with good engineering and history.

However, who made the brake pads? Is it Volar as they are both manufacturer AND distributor and, if manufacturer of the pads, are they ISO9000/9001 certified?

THAT is what I mean by cheaping out ;) !

• 4 months later...

I Thought that I would get back to you guys about the Volar brake pads that I purchased on Ebay a while back. I haven't changed the front pads yet, as they still have some miles left in them. The rear pads were replaced about 4500 miles ago and have been working great. They seem to be wearing at the same rate as the last EBCs that I purchased. I generally get about 20k from a set of rear pads. I have no complaints and would recommend them to anyone.

BTW I also replaced spark plugs this spring. I bought NGK DCPR8EKP platinum plugs. 4 for $39 from an Amazon seller. ;)

Call me cheap.....I'm OK with that :grin:

Archived