IGNORED

dual sport helmet decision

walton66

Time for a new helmet. I know a bunch of you wear modulars but I'm a one-piece man. My question relates to dual sport helmets. There have been numerous times when I've wished for a visor to help shade my eyes but I've never worn one. Anybody have any comments or suggestions. How do they ride at speed with that big visor catching wind?

thanks

Bill

I've ridden on my touring bike using my dual sport helmet. It wasn't too bad as long as the windshield was up high. The surprise comes when (if) you actually do a head turn to checks lanes. The extended visor will catch wind at speed.

I use this on my Shoei and I like it,,,

http://www.super-visor.com

I use 2 pieces of electrical tape on the outside. Works well with my helmet that has a built in sun shield. For a sub 200.00 helmet my HJC is-17 is one of the best lids I have ever owned

Chris

Done a lot of dualsport riding in all conceivable weather.

I like my HJC carbon fiber full face helmet for its light weight and less neck fatigue. It has lots of air flow.

Riding with a visor off road is a big plus but absolutely sucks at highway speed. I also have found the 2 strips of electrical tape work wonders when riding into the sun. Riding the Baja 1000 course into the sun and dust was the true test of the tape trick.

The drawback to this helmet is it freezes me at very cold temps.

Archived