IGNORED

City 2 pants

kgerry

While I don't own a pair, I did try them on and found I needed one size up to fit me correct. Typically I was wearing a large but definitely needed an XL. If possible, you might wanna swing by a BMW dealer and try on a pair.

tell you what… I have them. They are my main riding pants but come to think of it… they are what I wear when I ride- period.

The protection feels as if it is really good. The zip off lower leg came in handy for me. The the multiple pocket design just feels right to me. They feel great actually sitting on and riding on the bike even if they feel awkward, at first, walking around the shop.

I thought they were crazy expensive but I bought them anyway and I am totally glad I did. The cost turned out to be trivial.

(your actual mileage may vary)

The Summer Pants have a zip off lower leg and light armor in the knees. The Summer Pants are a denier nylon material and are good if you want the zip off bottom leg to allow you to have shorts for walking around off the bike at your destination, at a Rally, for example. Despite their name, these Summer pants do not breathe well and I find they are "scratchy" feeling, due to the material.

The City 2 pants are a denim/denier nylon combination with good armor. The City 2 pants do not have a zip off leg. They are my "go to" pants for around town and day trip riding. They come in blue or dark gray colors. I have the blue and they look more like jeans, although a heavy jean. They are very comfortable both on and off the bike and I like their look. They breathe fairly well, although not as well as a mesh pant. I wear them in temperatures from 50 degrees F to 85 degrees F. We have high temperature/high humidity combinations here in North Carolina in the Summer and I wear my BMW Venting Machine, mesh pants, when the heat/humidity exceeds 90 degrees F and 90 percent.

I have both of these pants, the Summer and the City pants, and they do run small. I am 179 lbs. and have a 36 inch waist and I wear a XL size in both of these pants. My friend, who is 205 lbs. with a 38 inch waist tried mine on and decided he needs a XXL.

Oops… apparently I confused "City" with "Summer" pants.

I recommend the Summer pants. (Which I wear all the riding year)

I have no experience with the City pants.

Archived