IGNORED

Spotwalla and iPhone

Rougarou

Since the shut down of Google Latitude, I have been searching for a replacement interface between the phone and Spotwalla. I think I have found it with SWConnect. I quickly tested it with my phone and a short walk down the road and it seems to work. Once I get on a ride, I'll give a further review of it.

Several folks in the LD riding community(the Iron Butt folks) were involved in Beta testing and per reports the system works very well.One member posted a track from a ride this past week.

I downloaded the app,but have not had a chance to test yet.

Can easily adjust the tracking intervals for various activity.

JR356

Have installed it and used it for a few "Test" trips. Seems to work fine. Looks like you have to go to the Spotwalla website each time to set up a "Trip" before you start tracking.

Easy to use once setup. Give it a try. :thumbsup:

I'm using an iPhone 5. I also have the original Spot which I will try to setup later.

Roy :grin:

terryofperry

I was out yesterday for a few hundred miles grabbing the Georgia tag. For a section of the ride I ran both the SPOT and the IPhone app.

I set the SW Connect for 10 minutes, they are not synced but close.

The Spot of course needs no cell service which is a plus for remote areas. The IPhone app is free. Since I have had the SPOT for years I already had the Spotwalla set up.

The IPhone app on a 5S was running about 9 hours with 46% battery left. That includes a phone call or two, several photo shots as well as uploads to Photobucket and website checks.

swconnect.jpg

spot.jpg

Ride safely

Terry

Archived