IGNORED

Online Dealership.

Mark James

Looking for the best dealership to purchase BMw parts online for my R1150RTP to RT conversion project. In the Northwest most of our dealers don't stock parts. I have exhausted Ebay, Bike bandit,Beemer Boneyard, and a local bike shop. Now I need parts that are BMW.

To give you an example. Need the latch for the bottom of the rear seat cushion, rubber grommets for the front crach bars, rubber sockets (r&l) where the subframe for the luggagge carrier comes through the faring.

It would be great to see an online parts book to get the number correct.

Any suggestions.

A&S Cycles in Sacramento is close to you and has a website all set up for online ordering.

But, I have to break it to you--no dealer stocks any but the fastest moving parts, so you'll be waiting for your online choice to order them, too if your needs don't match.

Advantages of online ordering come at the times they run a special and whether their price plus freight somehow adds up to something usefully less than your dealer's price plus your local sales tax. Nothing magic is likely.

Supporting your local dealer can pay off, of course. They could end up liking you.

A&S Cycles in Sacramento is close to you and has a website all set up for online ordering.

But, I have to break it to you--no dealer stocks any but the fastest moving parts, so you'll be waiting for your online choice to order them, too if your needs don't match.

Advantages of online ordering come at the times they run a special and whether their price plus freight somehow adds up to something usefully less than your dealer's price plus your local sales tax. Nothing magic is likely.

Supporting your local dealer can pay off, of course. They could end up liking you.

+1

If online, I usually order from Max or A&S. There is also San Jose BMW in the CA.

I have also found that non-stocked parts get ordered from a warehouse, come to the dealership, then are mailed to you. So, if you've got a local dealership, you can probably get your parts faster.

BMW Motorcycles of Countryside, usually get stuff in a week and the price is 23%-28% cheaper than my local dealer (local dealer charges 2% over list).

BMW Motorcycles of Countryside, usually get stuff in a week and the price is 23%-28% cheaper than my local dealer

Countryside is fast, efficient, and (with their discount) has the best pricing that I've found. Max is also very good, maybe a bit more expensive but very responsive.

(local dealer charges 2% over list).

And then probably complains about online dealers.

I like Max. When I needed some obscure parts for an older BMW, they sent them to me much quicker than I had expected. They also include a bag of M&Ms in each order.

I like Max. When I needed some obscure parts for an older BMW, they sent them to me much quicker than I had expected. They also include a bag of M&Ms in each order.
My daughter loves Max just for the M&Ms :grin:

Archived